new range in Huntsville, Tx

mike cockcroft

After two years of wishing, begging and planing I finally have the range on the way. Finished berm today, have all materials on site for roof, slab and benches. Hope to set forms for concrete this week and erect roof next week.
12 covered benches shooting up to 600 yds. 1000 yd range will not have covered or have permanent benches at this time. Shooting beyond 600 yds will be done from a seperate firing line.
Plan on having benchrest and prone matches this summer.
Clay pigeons, fly shoots, egg shoots, F class, what ever we can do to get a crowd.
Thinking of having weekends available for practice, there will be a resonable fee for this. I have a lot of money tied up in this endeavor.
I would have pictures but I can never get them to load on this site.

Last edited:
Great job Mike! Looking forward to shooting some at your new place!!

That’s great Mike, and its not thousands of miles from home. Looking forward to shooting there.
Terry Pohl

2010_03_31_IMG_0018.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f260/cockcroft/2010_03_31_IMG_0017.jpg
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f260/cockcroft/2010_03_31_IMG_0019.jpg

A little more progress. My son fired the first shots off the firing line berm.
Raised the firing line and leveled it, pouring concrete Monday, decided on 12ft. by 90 ft. Mowed the pasture also, this will be one of the biggest headaches this summer.
2010_04_06_IMG_0027.jpg

2010_04_06_IMG_0024.jpg

Way to go Mike. But you are supposed to elbow Justin out of the way and take the first shots.

Joe

Mike

Where in the Huntsville Area is your range located.??

I don't even have anything that will reach 600 yards right now, but if Ed and Geramo are coming up, I might just tag along.

I can see a 8-twist 6BR in my future...........jackie

Jackie
we can shoot from 100 to 600 from covered benches.
I have an extra 6mm 8 twist Bartlein to get you going.

Range is just south of Huntsville off FM 2296.
You would take State Park exit 40.
Not really that far from Houston

I can’t wait to shoot there, but I think I am going to have to start practicing in the heat of the day with a mirage.:)
Terry Pohl

mike

Be sure and take pictures of each stage of the project and let us see them. When are you planning on being finished and ready for a shoot? Tad

Back