New gun room

I use the mini lathe for making all sorts of widgets, gizmos, geegaws and hoop-de-doos. :D They are truly a neat tool for a shooter...can't imagine being without one.

The pheasant is one of the biggest I've ever taken. It has 28" tailfeathers and was taken on the last day of hunting season 2005.

Don't let the neatness in the pics fool 'ya. When I'm in the middle of a project, it sometimes looks like a bomb went off in there! -Al

I know that widgets, gizmos, geegaws and hoop-de-doos are important, but can you make a flanged niblet on it??:D
I also would like to know the brand of lathe you have.
One thing I noticed in your pics, and the other pics, is the very good lighting, which is so very important!
Melvin

The Mini Lathe is a great tool

I use mine (like AL) for all sorts of stuff and use it at least once a week seems like, to polish a die, or build a case oal guage or etc, etc.

Here is where I got mine, they are all made by the Seig I believe and different names are just different colors but all the parts are interchangeable.

Mine says it a Boulder 7x14 and it's orange...

Gun Room California Style

TomLibbysGunRoom8.jpg

TomLibbysGunRoom9.jpg

TomLibbysGunRoom7.jpg

TomLibbysGunRoom6.jpg

TomLibbysGunRoom11.jpg

TomLibbysGunRoom1.jpg

TomLibbysGunRoom10.jpg

TomLibbysGunRoom3.jpg

TomLibbysGunRoom4-1.jpg

Now that is a man cave!!!
Wow! I can't believe how neat that is. Are those metal cabinets?? Did you build them yourself, or purchase?
makes my little hole in the wall look pretty bleak!
Good job
Melvin

man cave or laboratory (pronounced la-bor-a-tree ala James Bond).
That is a thing of beauty. You should wear booties and full body PPE when you go in there. Maybe even shower in and shower out.
Very nice.
Mike

Now that is a man cave!!!
Wow! I can't believe how neat that is. Are those metal cabinets?? Did you build them yourself, or purchase?
makes my little hole in the wall look pretty bleak!
Good job
Melvin

This little piece of heaven belongs to my BR mentor and friend. (If you look closely in the photos you can figure out who it is) While there may be nicer BR man caves out there, I've not seen them.The room design/layout is extremely well thought-out and everything is totally organized. From flooring material to cabinet height, nothing has been left to chance. .I've tried to move in several times; however, his dog keeps running me off :D

This little piece of heaven belongs to my BR mentor and friend. (If you look closely in the photos you can figure out who it is) While there may be nicer BR man caves out there, I've not seen them.The room design/layout is extremely well thought-out and everything is totally organized. From flooring material to cabinet height, nothing has been left to chance. .I've tried to move in several times; however, his dog keeps running me off :D

And he's FUNNY too! (even dressed as a prophylactic)

You're right, SERIOUS mancave...... ruahh-ruhh-ruh

thank you all

keep 'em coming!

al

Since we are showing off, mine is not nearly at neat an clean, BUT it is my "Happy Place".

You guys have some nice workshops.

Attachments

• workshop 01.jpg
    workshop 01.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 604
  • workshop 02.jpg
    workshop 02.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 505
Geeze

I would post some pictures of my "gun shop", but, as any of my friends who come over will tell you, it is not fit for public display.

Nice rooms, one and all...........jackie

Combine

all 4 and it makes for a darn nice house. I see the ad now ,1bdr 1 bath, 4gun rooms ,4 stall garage, with private 1000yd range PRICED at only 3.5 Mil:cool: AWESOME ROOMS GUYS

Last edited:
all 4 and it makes for a darn nice house. I see the ad now ,1bdr 1 bath, 4gun rooms ,4 stall garage, with private 1000yd range PRICED at only 3.5 Mil:cool: AWESOME ROOMS GUYS

LOL

I tried that on my last house. "private 200yd shooting range w/sound attenuation, 12 ton 5 position concrete shooting bench, reloading area w/walk-in safe room, gunpowder storage. Twenty-four hour trapshooting off the back deck, an Outdoorsman's Paradise," etc.....

They let me keep the safe in my real estate ad but said NO! to the private range and shooting verbiage. They also made me take off my "trampoline room" because it was 'structural,' it was tied to the existing house but wasn't listed in my building permits. If I had to do it again I would leave the awesome trampoline set up and get another realty company.... it cost me $6,000.00 to tear down the tramp decks! And the guy who bought the house wasn't a shooter so I got diddly for the shooting setup.

I would also NOT give away the '70 340 Challenger, pool table, foos ball table and coin op arcade games with the house. Live and hopefully learn I guess. The silly things we do when we're backed against the wall.... (I was already committed to my current place. Here I can shoot even rifles day or night. And my range is longer.... ;) )

al

Thumper (as see in my Happy Place photos)

I took Thumper, my 30-06 I was working on in my Happy Place to the 100-yard range yesterday and tried out some 180-grain accubonds and some 178 Amax. Groups 5-shots, 100 yards, from the prone. It LOVES the Amax. With a little time off a bench and less grueling heat, I think I could have tightened it up. Had to share - proud papa of that hunting rifle.

Attachments

• Thumper.jpg
    Thumper.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 384
  • 178 A-max (30-06) 0.45 MOA.jpg
    178 A-max (30-06) 0.45 MOA.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 352
  • 180 Accubond (30-06) 0.6 MOA.jpg
    180 Accubond (30-06) 0.6 MOA.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 303
Roy,
Is that a pic of the Anschutz Exemplar you just sold??
Was that stock a painted wooden Exemplar stock, or a synthetic??
Melvin Calliham

Al
What size is that lathe? You cant chamber a barrel on that can you?
Ted

RobB ...

a few pictures of my domain........

ReloadRoom1-vi.jpg

ReloadRoom2-vi.jpg

ReloadRoom3-vi.jpg

ReloadingRoomDoorShot-vi.jpg

ReloadingRoomRearBench-vi.jpg

It's only 8' X 12'...........nice and Cozy!

Nice room!!! It looks like you're ready for just about any conceivable type of shooting you may want to pursue.

As a suggestion: you might want to hang your guns, as shown in the Room1 photo, so that pressure is being applied to the stocks instead of the barrels. ;)

My Room

when you don't want people to know all you have , camouflage it. :D

my book case has some space after getting rid of 82 books.

DSCN3725.jpg
DSCN3726.jpg
DSCN3729.jpg
DSCN3728.jpg
DSCN3727.jpg

Back