New Berger BR Bullet

Perdy Cool.. Mid 3200fps (first plot) looks like a good tune range... Bet the cases flopped right outta the chamber ...
Nice job Lou...

Bullet and Powder look to be QUITE POPULAR ...!
Good Times for the Benchrest community.!

cale

Jerry,

I heard someone is working on a new primer....it can got into the case either way.

Sorry...couldn't help myself, gonna crawl back under my rock now. :)

Hovis

Jerry,

I heard someone is working on a new primer....it can got into the case either way.

Sorry...couldn't help myself, gonna crawl back under my rock now. :)

Hovis
Well, I had most of them seated correctly and that is a start!! By then I was on the second gun anyway after that scope disaster.
Talk about blowing smoke. (another case for enforcing the wearing of eye protection)

As promised, well my initial testing of the new Column Bullet went well.
I set up a Sinclair testing target to conduct my 2 shot groups to determine best group to test further.
Testing was done starting at 70° and it rose rapidly to 80°.
First loads used VV N133 @28.5 grs
Targets
.163"
.147"
.119"
.168"
.131"
.260"
I then chose 28.3 grs VV N133 and tested now at 80°
.305"
.012" Hummm
loaded 5 again now @ 80°
.234 Must be the wind increasing.
Went to 28.2
.106"
Next practice will check further.
Centerfire

As promised, well my initial testing of the new Column Bullet went well.
I set up a Sinclair testing target to conduct my 2 shot groups to determine best group to test further.
Testing was done starting at 70° and it rose rapidly to 80°.
First loads used VV N133 @28.5 grs
Targets
.163"
.147"
.119"
.168"
.131"
.260"
I then chose 28.3 grs VV N133 and tested now at 80°
.305"
.012" Hummm
loaded 5 again now @ 80°
.234 Must be the wind increasing.
Went to 28.2
.106"
Next practice will check further.
Centerfire

Centerfire, do I read this correctly, that the lighter load shot a better group ?
Maybe I will back my charges down and give it a try.
Tom

Mothball, I have always shot in this medium node. At least this is what i call it.
Now if I am fortunate next Sunday I'll bracket my best performers and do 5 shot testing.
The test was good but the temperature rise, as fast as it took place, was not expected.
But this was not bad as I had good groups across the temp range.
I may be corrected but I have thought N-133 had a 1.2gr separation of nodes.
I like being in the 3000 fps range.
I do not think shooting at 6000 fps would help my wind reading abilities.;)
Centerfire

28.2 would be a low node by averages. 29 would be medium and 30+ would be high. at least from what i have seen and observed. Why the 2 shot groups? Thanks for sharing. Lee

Centerfire,
IF you shoot a ppc at 6k I think wind would be the least of your problems, unless somehow you find a way to do it successfully.
HMmmm wonder how a little detcord would work in one of these things???????????????

Centerfire,
IF you shoot a ppc at 6k I think wind would be the least of your problems, unless somehow you find a way to do it successfully.
HMmmm wonder how a little detcord would work in one of these things???????????????

I don't know...ask Allie Euber, he might know! ;)

Skeet to answer your question, I expended 25% of my new inventory of Column bullets for my first test.
Vern, thanks for enjoying the attempt at humor.
Centerfire

A friend just received 500 of this new bullet and the OAL was .804, so I assume that it is built on the .790 J-4 jacket. Is this correct? Thanks, James

Don't be afraid of the low nodes. I have been able to shoot .12xx to .14xx back to back 5 shot aggs with 27.6 gr of 133 in my rail gun. When it works the groups are TINY. Those aggs were at registered matches and not just cherry picked groups on a day of practice.

Just a quick heads up that the 6mm BR Column bullets were quickly sold out. We are making a new run in the next week or so. It is difficult to know how many bullets to make when they are a new item. Clearly my estimate on how many we would go through was too low. We will make larger runs in the future to keep them in stock.

Regarding the question on quantity pack, given the successful result we will be adding a quantity pack option. I have a little fact checking to do and will announce the pack count and availability when we get this sorted out.

It will be helpful if I can get some feedback on this question. Would you rather see a 500 count or 1,000 count pack?

Regards,
Eric

Eric,

I believe the 500 count would work best for most people. I usually buy 2-3 thousand at a time but that's not common for most shooters in BR. A 250 count might not be a bad idea. That will get someone a little pratice and through a 2-gun event but for the sake of simplicity, cost, stocking, etc...the 500 count or a price break for 5 - 100 round boxes would be good marketing.

One more question, I have had people ask whether these are made by hand or automated. I think hearing it from you would be best.

Hovis

Back