New Berger BR Bullet

M

mothball10x

Just wondering if anyone has gotten any of the new colume bullets from Berger and have tried them yet.

Tom

Just wondering if anyone has gotten any of the new colume bullets from Berger and have tried them yet.

Tom

Looks like Lou Murdica used them at the Cactus. It doesn't actually say "column" in the equip list, but it says Berger and an oddball weight so that's gotta be it.

Lou,
They say seating depth is not that criticle on these bullets. Have you found that to be? I have 2000 on their way and should be here next week.

I have 2000 on their way and should be here next week.

How the heck did you order them? I've called several venders that sell their bullets and none of them had any idea when Berger will be sending them out. I even called Berger this past Friday and the folks I talked to were barely familiar with the bullet and had no idea when they would be available to the public.

My shooting buddy ordered his from Berger the same day he read about them on The Accurate Shooter.
He received them last Thursday ,about three or four weeks from the day he ordered them.
He has not tested them as yet,and did not say he had any trouble ordering them. My order is in route.
Tom

I have called Berger twice, the last time was this past Friday, trying to find out how to order some of these new bullets and have had no luck at all. Is there a particular person I need to be asking for at Berger to place an order?

I got mine here---------

I have called Berger twice, the last time was this past Friday, trying to find out how to order some of these new bullets and have had no luck at all. Is there a particular person I need to be asking for at Berger to place an order?

Gunstock reloading Minnetonka, Mn

I recommend that shooters buy them from our resellers as they will have lower prices than if you buy from us directly. Having said that these bullets are in stock now. The bullets are called the 6mm BR Column. The weight is not the critical characteristic but rather the location of the lead column. The first lot we've produced since the bullets were tested is 64.2 grains. This may vary slightly from lot to lot but the performance results are based on balance not overall weight.

I apologize to those of you who have called us directly and were not taken care of properly. I will be meeting with my team in the morning to get this sorted out. Those of you who want to order directly from us can contact any of the following people to place your order.

Teresa Collins - 714-447-5484
Andrea Cobos - 714-447-5427
Melesia Cisneros - 714-447-5428
Ben Brady - 714-447-5485

Each of them is ready to help you. Their role with Berger is to get you the bullets you need and they will have varying amounts of technical knowledge. To get the best technical answers about how these bullets work it is best to ask your questions here or contact Lou as he has shot more of these bullets than anyone to date.

Regards,
Eric

So they're based on balance and not weight. How do you determine the balance point for each lot? How do we know that the next lot will shoot similarly to the last lot?

Lojak,

Andrea Cobos is the Account Manager for our resellers outside the US. Give her a call at 714-447-5427 and let her know where you are located. Also, let her know which reseller you go to for your bullets and she will get together with them to make sure we keep you supplied up north.

Goodgrouper,

The test firing Lou conducted in his tunnel was to determine which design and lead column height produced the best results. Bryan knew what we were after but modeling can take you only so far. We had to prove which design and balance worked the best. Now that we know it is just a matter of making that same combination each time. Frankly, the only way you will truly know for certain that they will work the same in each lot is to shoot them. I predict that you will be happy with the results.

Regards,
Eric

Back