Need info on davidson single shot adapter

If someone will PM me, I will give my email, and he can email a picture of this steel wonder, that I will post....so that it can be seen. BTW the rail is Gary Ocock's, a Young.

SGS The one I have now in a older Remington 223 is way to small to really glue in .
It is a good 3/4 inch to short and could be 1/8 inch wider .

The one I was looking for and now found is steel and longer and I hope a little wider .
It will only take a little time to fit but will look and i hope work better .

To many things will work (and look like it did,t fit) but I like things that fit .

KEYBEAR

Perhaps someone should copy the Beast before the last one is glued in. Twould be a shame to use up the last on; one that has caused such a fuss here :)

yea...that is them in post #25....everything Al Davidson made was aluminum!!! (I think..)....I have installed several of em over the yrs ....the only steel one I EVER saw was one I made out of a piece of 1" scl 80 pipe(40 yrs ago).....Roger

I've got several Davidson single shot adapters that were bought at least 20 years ago and probably from Sinclair's. They're all aluminum and at least one had to be tapped into the underside of (the magazine cut) the action where it lived snug and happy, or at least it never complained until the action was rebarrelled. I've never seen or even heard of a steel Davidson adaptor.

Pictures of Davidson single shot adapter

101_0465.jpg101_0467.jpg101_0466.jpg101_0468.jpg

I should have remembered how to do this. Must be the dang CRS

Scott

PT&G makes 700 glue-in single shot adapters that are rounded on the bottom to match the curve of the reciever. -Al

I found this thread very useful. The "score high" follower is just what I've been looking for for my Remington 700 5R, just a drop in with no need for epoxy. Now if I could just figure out if the pillar bedding Remington did at the factory is any good.......

PT&G makes 700 glue-in single shot adapters that are rounded on the bottom to match the curve of the reciever. -Al

I don't know this for a fact, but I'm almost certain that the Davidson adapter from Sinclair is in fact made by PTG. Many Sinclair specialty items are copies of someone elses design.

Scott

I don't know this for a fact, but I'm almost certain that the Davidson adapter from Sinclair is in fact made by PTG. Many Sinclair specialty items are copies of someone elses design. Scott

Scott, you may well be correct. The 'Davidson' ramps I've purchased from Suinclair have all been flat on the bottom, while the PT&G ones are rounded....maybe PT&G makes the flat style for Sinclair? Other than the bottom surface, they sure look identical. Here's a link to the PT&G ones:

http://www.pacifictoolandgauge.com/remingtonperf.htm#bottommetal

Scroll to the bottom of the page under 'Misc. parts' and click on the 'Followers' tab to see the pics.

Good shootin'. :) -Al

ok....back from the dead...

i'm about to convert my .223 repeater over to a "single shot" .223ai and had the davidson ramp on my cart on sinclair....but am now just reading that they're flat bottom instead of curved?

if this is true...then it might be a smarter idea for me to spend double the money to get the PT&G version, no?

i'm just about ready to order up an ST1000 and have this sucker inlet'd and bedded...and wanna have my ducks in a row, as it were.

Invalid Attachment specified..........

"Three trys for a quarter" it seems.

Glenn

back from the dead............had my smith order a PT&G when he got my reamer, but they were currently out....so said mess on it. I plan to use this gun for varmint and bench (223ai...so nothing serious) and use a drop in follower...but anyways....i just ordered a sinclair one since my rifle is back and shooting great....but I never have ordered a new stock for it from flip flopping between running a mag or going single shot... I'm not tacticool as much as I'd love to say I am, lol, so single shot and a nice laminate/wide stock to come

I'll post pictures when it comes in and when I fit/epoxy it on.

Back