NBRSA HBR and VFS 200/300 Nationals Tomorrow at Walker County Benchrest

I'll post the VFS results I have...

Richard Pullman won the 200Y match with a 249-11X. Chad Schmidt won the 300Y match with a 250-7X. By my count, Richard was the overall winner with 497-15X; edging Chad by one X. The 200Y match was shot Saturday afternoon in moderate mirage.The 300Y match was Sunday morning and was delayed and plagued by heavy rains. Early on, periods of overcast skies and dead calm winds presented perfect conditions. Later, the sun returned and combined with the high humidity, the mirage was thick.

Last edited:
Overall Short&Long range Champion

How many shooters shot both the short range and long range Nationals? Who was the aggregate winner that shot Short and long range Nationals?

Richard Pullman won the 200Y match with a 249-11X. Chad Schmidt won the 300Y match with a 250-7X. By my count, Richard was the overall winner with 497-15X; edging Chad by one X. The 200Y match was shot Saturday afternoon in moderate mirage.The 300Y match was Sunday morning and was delayed and plagued by heavy rains. Early on, periods of overcast skies and dead calm winds presented perfect conditions. Later, the sun returned and combined with the high humidity, the mirage was thick.

Kyle, if what we were shooting in Saturday was "moderate" mirage, What would be the definition of "heavy mirage"?;)

I never saw a line on a target, or a bullet hole all afternoon.

Kyle, if what we were shooting in Saturday was "moderate" mirage, What would be the definition of "heavy mirage"?;)

I never saw a line on a target, or a bullet hole all afternoon.

Heavy mirage is when you can’t even see the target frame. :D

Enjoyed spending the the weekend with all the Houston crew. Hope to see you in October for the group Nationals.

Chad Schmidt Show

Mike Wall won the 200 yd hunter with 247-8x.
Richard Pullum won the 200 yd VFS with 249-11x
Chad Schmidt won the 300 yd VFS with 250-7x. Think this tied the national record.
Chad Schmidt won the 300 yd hunter with (I think) 249-?x.

The weekend was mostly the Chad Schmidt show. I think Chad got enough points to get into the Hunter hall of fame and perhaps the VFS hall of fame.

All the trophies on the table are Chad's winnings.

lr201802.jpg

Congratulations Chad! You da Man.

Joe

Thanks for posting the results.

Congrats Chad and other top finishers!!!!!!!! Pretty cool to see many familiar faces in the picture.

Stanley

Mike Wall won the 200 yd hunter with 247-8x.
Richard Pullum won the 200 yd VFS with 249-11x
Chad Schmidt won the 300 yd VFS with 250-7x. Think this tied the national record.
Chad Schmidt won the 300 yd hunter with (I think) 249-?x.

The weekend was mostly the Chad Schmidt show. I think Chad got enough points to get into the Hunter hall of fame and perhaps the VFS hall of fame.

All the trophies on the table are Chad's winnings.

View attachment 21444

Congratulations Chad! You da Man.

Joe

Congratulations, Chad - seeing your dedication pay off [again] put a smile on my face!:cool: Imagine what ya could do with some good bullets (yeah, with Chad, I can get away with that) . The mirage must'a been, "flowing like wine'!:p

Congrats, Richard and Mike on some fine shootin' also. RG

RG
P.S.

Congratulations to Richard, Mike, and Chad for their great shooting in some really tough conditions.

Also, I would like to thank Larry and Beth Deese for putting forth all of the work that it takes to have an event such as this. Everything went well, the target crew endured the rain, and the food was great.

Great shooting Mike,Richard,Chad and many others. Some are real good at finding the “penny in the swimming pool”?. Big thanks to Larry and Beth for all they do. Thank you to Dicky for gathering sponsors Hornady,Lederner, Shilen,Benchrite,BIB.....

Last edited:
Congratulations! Chad Schmidt, Richard, Mike, James and the rest of the winners!

Chad's 250-7X's at 300 yards That's some outstanding shoot'n!

Nicely done gentlemen!
Russ

Thanks

Thank you Larry, Beth and the target crew for being willing to hold our score nationals shoot. Everything went smooth and given the weather you may even say swimmingly....
Great people make great match's, shooting good does make the drive home seem shorter. Thanks James for the work on my guns, great barrels and thanks to all those of you have helped me over the last 26 years. I'm most proud of the friendships I have been graced with from all over the country. God bless you all. Chad

Last edited:
Back