My problem with the "parallel node"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lost another point so bash Calfee a little to get attention off yourself. Who makes the best car? You know the one that makes all its own parts now, nobody else.

wallace smallwood, what if bills erroneous statements and subsequent assessments of actions, barrels,triggers,stocks,bedding,tuners,shims etc. harmed others. all this based on the premise of parallel node and stopped muzzle.

make sure I have this right. bill doesn't make a trigger, he doesn't make a stock, he doesn't bed a stock, he doesn't make an action, he doesn't make a barrel, he doesn't make a tuner, he doesn't shoot the rifle he just whacks the barrel with a hammer puts it on and takes all the credit. next you guys will bring in the scientist from phillip morris to bolster his claim about a stopped muzzle.

Who cares how Calfee tunes a rifle ....Do you build tuners ?

Like I said tuning is up to the shooter not the gunsmith. Marteen you have an abrasive way of trying to get your point across.Why are you so jealous of Calfee?It seems like he really gets your goat for some reason. If you hold no credence in what he says why do you read it or try to discredit it ? Are you trying to cover up your own frustrations.

You attack Calfee here why don't you go to his posts and speak your mind straight to him ?

wallace smallwood, what if bills erroneous statements and subsequent assessments of actions, barrels,triggers,stocks,bedding,tuners,shims etc. harmed others. all this based on the premise of parallel node and stopped muzzle.

Well, IF he's wrong and others cannot make a determination for themselves, sorry about their stupidity. What if all this crap you spout is wrong and you bring harm to others. Guess you never thought about that, 'cause YOU couldn't be wrong. Whatever he does, whether it's technical or doing a war dance around the rifle in a loin cloth (I might not have been supposed to tell that) it works. Same goes for Gorham and a few others; whatever they do, it works. Wayne Smith looks promising doesn't he? Wonder if he does a dance.

Got a link to those devices? I'd even think that doing it all analog wouldn't be extremely detrimental. Route the output through a program like Audacity as a .wav file and look at the traces in an in-sync multi channel display.

http://www.newark.com/allegro-microsystems/a1321elhlt-t/hall-effect-switch-ic/dp/65K5145

http://www.mcmaster.com/WebParts/Co...dition=116&ScreenWidth=1280&McMMainWidth=758#

If they can't be made to work, you're out $20 and some time. It's a good bit less than the lasers. I'm thinking there WILL be some application.

I bought a bunch of the 1/8" magnets from McMaster a long time ago and have a bag full yet. I wasn't about to sit and look for the exact numbers I had, but they were 1/8" diameter and 1/8 or 1/4" long. Very easy to install and use, very nice size for a HEff sensor. I used em for limit switches on a cnc conversion I did. I also considered using them for a positioning sensor on annealers I've made.

I seriously doubt I paid the $2/ea listed there in McMaster. I'm pretty sure there's cheaper ones if you look. way cheaper.

You have highlighted an excellent point. Some gunsmiths compete in the game, some do not. As soon as Bill starts to compete again on a regular basis, then we can make a fair comparison regarding whose rifles are "properly tuned".

On the subject of not answering questions, who do you think invented the "muzzle device"?

Hulk
I wouldn't want my gunsmith competing.I want him chambering barrels and building winning rifles just like Bill Calfee does.
On your tuner question I am almost positive the invenors name was Eddie.
As to the tuners we see on the line winning matches I will give that to Bill Calfee
As to the lightweight tuners that don't ever shoot 2000 I think his name is Marty.
On my rifles Fudd built one of them and the other is a crossbreed Von Aherns/Stiller/Dragoman.They worked good enough for me to finish in 1st place overall at the recent nbrsa 2010 1,000 yard nationals so as you can plainly see I not only talk the talk I can tune my rifles.
Waterboy

Congratulations

Lynn,

Congratulations on your "1st place overall at the recent nbrsa 2010 1,000 yard nationals". I bet you are counting the days until they update the NBRSA website to include your name.

Many rimfire gunsmiths do compete. Their scores may or may not be competitive with the best of the best. However, their scores are not the best indicators of a "properly tuned" rifle.

To highlight that fact, one competitor with a Calfee rifle and "killer" ammo barely finished in the middle of the pack at one of the PSL events this year. That rifle was well documented and widely claimed to be "properly tuned". Based on your logic, that score and finish clearly shows a rifle that is not "properly tuned". Should this shooter send his rifle back to Bill? Maybe a lighter tuner?

Hulk
I doubt any of the good ole boys from the nbrsa want me posting anything about how they conduct themselves.They are a shameless bunch but I can assure you that is exactly were I finished.
Lynn aka Waterboy
P.S. Here are the results
The Sloughhouse Benchrest Shooters, Inc. hosted the 2010 NBRSA 1000 Yard National Championship at the Folsom Shooting Club (Sacramento California). It looked like it was going to be a year for breaking numerous records. The first Light Gun Target was a 2.072 posted by Bruce Bangeman (that was the best 1000 yard group that I have ever seen). For the most part the wind was pretty manageable and most of the shooters managed to stay in the center of the target. Then the weather turned sour. By Sunday we were having light rain and strong winds. The target uprights looked like they were ready to snap and the wet targets would rip off in the wind. We made it though the first relay, but as conditions grew worse it was necessary to terminate the match and determine winners based on the Targets fired on Friday and Saturday. The Match Winner was Lynn Dragoman Jr.with a score of 19. Lynn also won Two Gun Score 550-7X and Light Gun Group 5.340. Don Niellson won Two Gun Group 7.310 and Heavy Gun Score 372-7X. Ken Schroeder won Light Gun Score 192-5X and Charles Greer won Heavy Gun Group 6.997. Check out the attachment for all of the 2010 results.

Last edited:
I’ve always wondered how a gunsmith (any gunsmith) that doesn’t compete tests unproven theories to advance their products accuracy. Do they make each rifle a little different, sell it, and watch the results when the unknowing buyer shoots matches? Or do they test theories on their backyard range and consider their non-match results good enough?

Last edited:
seems to me, to properly tune you treat the top of the action like the bottom. how can you properly tune a rifle with a scope mounted like no one shoots in real life?????? then send that rifle off to be mounted and scoped differently................

Damm south ......not a good pizza to be found anywhere , here they have round pizza and square pizza and give you a knife and fork to eat it with.

Some pizzas are better than others but you can't get a good pizza anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back