My foid card call in came back denied today. WTH!!!!

skeetlee

What the heck!!!
I went to my FFL today to fill out my call in papers and when i was finished My FFL dealer called my approval in and it came back denied! I haven't even had as much as a speeding ticket in my life, and there is absolutely no reason why my call in would be denied. I dont even really know what to do at this point, or who to even call. I have never had this happen, ever!! I wont be able to honor a deal i made if i dont get this cleared up, and that will absolutely boil my blood!!!! Has anyone ever had this happen? There has to be some type of mix up somewhere? Freaking Chicago!! I have a number for the ATF but i am not sure that will get me anywhere. Any ideas?? PLEASE!!!! Lee

For those who dont know what a FOID card is. A FOID card is an Illinois only thing. It means " Firearms owners ID " Silly as hell, is what it is.

Leave there , move to anywhere, and never admit you were from Chicago. We weren't that much better with our past Governors. Thanks for the one we now have. I sent for my CC permit last week.

Are you a registered Republican?

Ahh, Hmmm, where did the president come from anyway? Somewhere in Illinois?

I'm sure this will be all cleared up as soon as he hears about it. :D

Im a down state Illinois resident. I have been to Chicago a few times and i never plan to go back. I hate that city with a passion!! When the wife and myself slip off for a weekend we usually go to St Louis. St Louis is a much better city for entertainment! Whats Al's famous saying, Off Dat President!!! Hopefully Newt will be our next president. At least thats who i am with at this point. I dont think he will get the nomination, but i do think he is the best man for the job with what we have to choose from! Lee

Did you include your SSN on the call in? I've been told that some that don't go through will be OK if you identify yourself further. (This is on the NIC call in for firearm purchase).

Jim

Makes me even happier that I live in a (relatively) free state, unlike the Peoples Republiks and workers paradises in the east and Kalifornia. My best advice is to move elsewhere, nearly anyplace else.

not sure i that communist state, but else where the dealer is required to provide you with info on what to do next.....

mike in co

AHHH Illinois! Used to live there and got the heck out in 1989. Moved to Nevada where Its pro gun. I can't believe you poor people still tolerate the crooked Illinois government!

Not so easy to just leave when your job is here, your family is here and you have land here. Way to many ties to leave. I am sure i will get this situation resolved, Its just another pain in the ass i shouldnt have to be dealing with! Lee

I was born in Cook County Hospital and I feel much safer knowing that the goons are protecting me from potential mayhem at the hands of a southern Illinois farmer/family man. (Insert sarcasm icon here) Only remaining state w/o shall issue CC. I made my escape in '65 during the reign of the first Mayor Daley.

Last edited:
The old FOID. I had one from 68-72 when I left.

Years later I was visiting & my mother told me to go shoot that coon that was making a mess. So I went down to the town hardware store where i'd bought 22's when I was a young teenager & asked for a box of 22LR. The response was, "let me see your FOID." Years before at 14 I could buy them, but at 50, even asking for a box of 22's got me a strange look and no 22's.

Yep, Illinois is a great place to be far away from. (The coon was taken care of, but we won't talk about the details.)
Regards, Ron

Lee. Did ya donate to the DNC this year???
That's how they decided to close all those GM and DCX dealerships.
You may not live near Chicago. But, your state is run from there. Same as MI.
Everything is about Detroit. Go West or South. You don't see as many abandoned houses.
I was around Holland, Grand Rapids, and Muskegon this year. Hardly any "for sale" signs.

Or it might be that you are on BC too much. They might be tracking ya......

Last edited:
Your FFL guy should be able to give your the phone number for Illinois State Police customer service. No need to call the ATF they have nothing to do with it in the state of Illinois it is handled by the state police in Springfield not Chicago.

Just call them and they will take care of it, it may be as simple as something keyed incorrectly on the phone call or something like that. I don't guess your FOID is expired? I did a transfer once for a guy that was denied and he call and got the problem resolved and then all I had to do was call back and get the approval number to complete the transfer.

Gary

I was born in Cook County Hospital and I feel much safer knowing that the goons are protecting me from potential mayhem at the hands of a southern Illinois farmer/family man. (Insert sarcasm icon here) Only remaining state w/o shall issue CC. I made my escape in '65 during the reign of the first Mayor Daley.
Not true, Oregon is a may state.
Wayne.

Back