My first 600 yard match St Louis Pics up!!

Skeet, I did not go to the match and I learned something too. Did you find out why the benches are able to move at SLBR?
I thought the round legs went down into the ground and were solid. This may explain why I do not shoot all that well :).
Centerfire

Benches

For those who have never checked them, next time you set up at a bench at a match, lean on it while looking through the scope. Then right down how many move. You'll find that probably 80% + benches move. If you think St. Louis is bad, wait til you get to the supershoot, some of them will make you sea sick.

Hovis

Kevin
Probably wont make the shamrock shoot. I need to do some things here at home and after this coming weekend that will make three weekends away from home. We have a varmint for score shoot in st Louis and i really am looking forward to that. That is still my favorite game. I think you are correct about the higher interest in the 600 yard shooting compared to point blank. We had three relays there in st louis this past saturday for the light guns. Thats a lot of shooters!! there is a lot less pressure at a 600 yard match i think. No reloading, or frustration trying to figure out what load to try next because your rifle isnt shooting a teen agg. " and thats what it takes to win these days most weekends" Also more variety of calibers to try your luck with. The 600 yard stuff is a ton of fun, thats all i really know. Lee

I wasn't complaining about the benches, or making excuses so please dont take all that wrong. If you lean hard against them yes they can move a little, so i just simply, dont lean hard against them. Situation solved!!!! St Louis is a fantastic place to shoot, without question!!!! Lee

i did but it wint work in the bat trigger hanger. Bummer!! I think it sits to tall in the hanger. I sent shilen an email for a new sear that i would pay for but no response. Nothing you did sir so all is well. I just need to figure out how to make it work. thanks Lee

I shot off 15 for Lt and 10 for Heavy, so I never made it down to the single digit benches. The 3rd trip was a charm for me as I never won nothing at St Louie till this trip. Shane Elder shoots Memphis all the time was who won Lt and Mike Moses shoots here too who won 2nd in Lt. I brought a new rig I got from Dwight Scott, and was able to manage 4th in Lt for group and 5th in Heavy to give me a 2nd in 2 gun group. I was also loving it for Ron Boyd. I wish I knew you were there Skeet. I bet you had something there for sale.....grin.....

Just checked the roster. The only "Lee" was 3rd relay, bench 3. I also shot that relay bench 15. Maybe next time, I`ll see you hanging around the Illinois gang hosted by C. Mackie.

Last edited:
Yep I was down on 3. Old charlie is one fine fella and I'm glad I can call him my friend. You no I did have a few things to sell in the back of that old jeep of mine. Lol. I like horsetrading for sure. 8I get to meet a lot of good people. See you next time. Lee

Back