Multiple entry threads on a barrel

Wilbur, the reason many of us do the things we do is because we already know how to fix it if what we had in mind doesn't work out.

My off the wall projects usually fall into 3 categories. Those that work out quite well, those that are abject failures, and those that while being successful prove to be way too much of a hassle to mess with.

I can relate Jackie. I get ideas all the time some work some don't and some I talk myself out of. Getting feedback from others helps. You can see the use of this one for a six jaw chuck.

Attachments

• Image163.jpg
    Image163.jpg
    394.8 KB · Views: 206
And...not sure I want to know. The deal I've gathered over the years is keep it simple - the barrel is either going to shoot well or it's not going to shoot well. I don't believe chambering differently will cause a "not" barrel to shoot well.

I could be wrong...very likely to be wrong...but I could just as easily be right. Conversely, if it doesn't work you can cut it off and try something else. I can't do that!! I can get somebody else to do it but not cheaply.

I just love talking about stuff I know absolutely nothing about!

Are you telling me that you've never seen a "giveaway barrel" get screwed onto another chassis and shoot lights out?

Are you telling me that you've never seen a "giveaway barrel" get screwed onto another chassis and shoot lights out?

Yep, seen that a couple of times...also seen a barrel that shot lights out go for an extreme price and then not shoot well at all on another rifle. I think the fellow bought it just to keep that from ever happening again.

Yep, seen that a couple of times...also seen a barrel that shot lights out go for an extreme price and then not shoot well at all on another rifle. I think the fellow bought it just to keep that from ever happening again.

I guess you've kinda' made my point, which is........IMO it ain't BARRELS that "don't shoot"

Thing is...if you try to make a point on this there's hundreds of contradicting examples. All I know for sure is that when you get something that will shoot well, life is good for a little while.

One of the reassons I thought of this indexing idea was the way Gordy Gritters chambers a barrel. Have any of you that chamber barrels dialing in the throat and muzzle try his method and change your method because of better results?

One of the best 100-200 yard Benchrest Shooters on the planet made a comment that he indeed tried indexing barrels, and it made no difference what so ever in that Discipline.

Maybe in the longer range shooting Diciplines it makes a difference, although the very nature of what the ID of barrels actually look like in relation to themselves, and the OD, seems to make it a futile guess, at best.

Back