Motel prices in Phoenix

adamsgt

Jerry Adams
Been trying to talk myself into going to the Cactus again. Looked at an Extended Stay motel I'd used before and the price at $170 a day seemed to be a lot higher than I remembered. Tried a Drury Inn and at $129 that seemed a little better until I saw that the dates were for now. As soon as I changed the dates to March 8-13 the daily rate went to $233. A Hampton Inn in Anthem was also very high. Was going to get a tour guide from AAA today but they were closed due to MLK holiday. What on earth is going on in Phoenix to cause such high prices?

Do you think it's because the snow birds are coming to shoot their rifles in the match?

That thought crossed my mind. If the motel owners try to gouge people then, eventually it will be to their detriment. I can't justify paying over $125 for a motel room for five days to shoot a match let alone $223 a day. I guess I'll have to look for things closer to home.

The jump in prices are a direct result of baseball spring training starting! I had years where a company we use could not find a room for us! You may do better renting an rv from a local co.that dea;s in rv rentals. Then you can park at the range. They had at least 1 at the NATIONALSthe rv co.droped it off and picked it up.

We have gone to Phoenix the past two years in mid-March to take in a spring training game. We stayed at Sleep Inn in North Phoenix. The rates there were very reasonable. A nice, clean, safe place to stay.

The last time I went to the Cactus I arrived on Tuesday and left the following Monday. I guess I could cut my days to reduce the cost but, from experience, I know if you arrive late you get the leftovers when it come to reloading benches. Oh well, I'm 76 now and don't have that many years left so I thought I'd try to make the Cactus as often as I am physically able to make the long two day drive. Guess I'll have to look at Raton, Odessa, Midland, New Braunfels, Tomball and Austin to have my fun. Too bad as Berger has done so much to make the Cactus a great match. But they can't control the housing prices.

Hello Jerry

I used to stay at the Extended Stay also. Studio 6 is just over a mile down the road and is available at $65.95 per night. I have stayed there many times and highly recommend it.

https://www.staystudio6.com

Phoenix - Deer Valley #6030
18405 N 27th Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85053

Last edited:
I used to stay at the Extended Stay also. Studio 6 is just over a mile down the road and is available at $65.95 per night. I have stayed there many times and highly recommend it.

https://www.staystudio6.com

Phoenix - Deer Valley #6030
18405 N 27th Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85053

Thank you Larry, just booked a room at the Studio Six for five nights at a most reasonable rate. I feel so much better now. Now I got to prep some more brass.

Seems it is as close to the range from the small town north of the range. Been a while but think prices were fair.

Butch, the only motel that showed up on my mapquest was a Hampton Inn at Anthem, the one North, for a $170 a night at military rates. That Studio Six has a good price and I don't care if they have free breakfast or not. A roof over my head a a pot to sit on is all I need.

March is probably the most expensive time to stay in the Phx area because of all the spring training baseball games. It's a little over an hour each way for me to make it to the Cactus. I may have to go this year just to say hello to some folks. Hope you guys enjoy your stay!

The prices of motel rooms

is the direct result of people willing to pay that much for them. Apparently we are a far richer country than many of us imagine. More and more motels are being built with higher and higher room prices. If they couldn't fill them, they wouldn't be building or charging that much. Those kind of prices are everywhere we have traveled this year, be it on the big canyon circle or the I-95 corridor. I guess "Build it and they will come" is a reality. We boomers are just too damn rich is all :).

Pete

is the direct result of people willing to pay that much for them. Apparently we are a far richer country than many of us imagine. More and more motels are being built with higher and higher room prices. If they couldn't fill them, they wouldn't be building or charging that much. Those kind of prices are everywhere we have traveled this year, be it on the big canyon circle or the I-95 corridor. I guess "Build it and they will come" is a reality. We boomers are just too damn rich is all :).

Pete

Just think of how many quality guns you could buy if you didn't travel.

in the dc metro area the weekend of the pres swearing in
room rates were thru the roof.
motel 6 $288
back off just 50 miles and normal rates applied $49

in the dc metro area the weekend of the pres swearing in
room rates were thru the roof.
motel 6 $288
back off just 50 miles and normal rates applied $49
That's not bad, that's just a little over 500% plus from the regular rate, would that be considered room gouging?

Back