Manatte gun club IR5050

DJB in Wi

Manatee gun club IR5050

For those that still want to get in some (match) trigger time, we are having a 3 gun, and 3 unlimited card match on Sunday, the 25th of Nov at the Manatee gun club, Myakka City, Fl. Sign up starts at 8AM and the match starts at 9AM. We have 16 concrete benches, and the weather has been very nice. Doug

Last edited:
Ernie and Vick...Glad to hear you are coming down. Pete, we are looking forward to having you back in Jan. Take care Doug

As an aside; it woud be better for me if your match was on a different day during the month. The two Florida 50/50 matches are too close together cronologically, for my taste, having to travel so far, as you do Doug. Any chance of holding your in the middle of the month?

Hi Pete.....Sorry to have to tell you that every Sunday of each month is scheduled for other types of matches. Saturdays are scheduled for the centerfire shooters but will check and see if they want to give up one of their Saturdays. Then I have to check with the other rimfire shooters to see if this change is ok with them. I know for a fact, Ernie likes going through Orlando on Sundays. Way less traffic. I will also talk to the other Match Directors of other disciplines and see what they have to say, and go from there. Doug

For those that still want to get in some (match) trigger time, we are having a 3 gun, and 3 unlimited card match on Sunday, the 25th of Nov at the Manatee gun club, Myakka City, Fl. Sign up starts at 8AM and the match starts at 9AM. We have 16 concrete benches, and the weather has been very nice. Doug

Doug, never shot an IR50/50 match, but have read the rules for each of the three rifle classifications, 7 1/2, 10 1/2 & 13 1/2. At Manatee, do you shoot one card with each rifle at 50 yards, repeat again at 50 meters? Is the unlimited rifle; 3 cards at 50 yards and 3 cards at 50 meters? We have several competitors at the Hollywood Rifle & Pistol Club (website: www.hrpclub.info) that may wish to attend your matches.
We also hold non-sanctioned USBR sporter and unlimited class rimfire BR matches on the second and fourth Wednesday morning of each month. Anyone wishing to participate in our matches may contact me: fmsktcmp98@aol.com ... John

Hi center22........We shoot the 7 1/2 class, then the 10 1/2 class, and finish the 3 gun with the 13 1/2 class, all at 50 yards. After we are finished with the 3 gun, we shoot 3 Unlimited cards at 50 yards. Doug

Hi center22........We shoot the 7 1/2 class, then the 10 1/2 class, and finish the 3 gun with the 13 1/2 class, all at 50 yards. After we are finished with the 3 gun, we shoot 3 Unlimited cards at 50 yards. Doug

How many cards for each rifle class? Thanks, ... John

Hi Pete.....Sorry to have to tell you that every Sunday of each month is scheduled for other types of matches. Saturdays are scheduled for the centerfire shooters but will check and see if they want to give up one of their Saturdays. Then I have to check with the other rimfire shooters to see if this change is ok with them. I know for a fact, Ernie likes going through Orlando on Sundays. Way less traffic. I will also talk to the other Match Directors of other disciplines and see what they have to say, and go from there. Doug

Hi Doug,

The day of the week the match is held does not matter much to me. I just would prefer having the two matches spread out a bit. I avoid I-4 through Orlando at all costs, all the time. I have had some interesting exploration trying to find ways around it without paying the King's Ransom in tolls, however. States surely get their Pound of Flesh now-a day on their toll roads. Not many years ago there was talk of taking the tolls off the Mass Pike. As I recall, it was the Jobs in the Toll Booths that kept the tolls in place. As I recall, it was the Employee Costs that brought forward the considertion of removing the tolls but them Unions kept the jobs in place, price be damned. I guess when one compairs the cost of Tolls to a mixed drink or a glass of wine, it is rediculous to complain but then there is a certain amount of comfort derived from the Spirits, vs paying for make work jobs.

Last edited:
center22

How many cards for each rifle class? Thanks, ... John

We shot 1 card per class.........25 record targets. 1 shot per record target, and you can shoot all the sighters you want on the top and side sighter targets, all within in a 30 minute time period for the 3 gun, and 20 minutes for the unlimited. Doug

Match results?

Doug, congratulations on your perfect "2500" card at the ARA Indoor Nationals this weekend. 8th Place overall in a tough crowd like that, isn't too shabby either. Received the match results via email from Ernie J. Thanks, ... John

Center22....Thanks for the congrats.. It was a tough bunch,and I just had a good case of blind squirrel syndrome, and had a little luck on my side....... I did send in the results the same day of the match and was hoping it would be posted soon after. I guess I will have to post it on here after the match, or shooters will have to wait a while before Bill posts the results on the IR5050 web site. Doug

Back