Lv 30br

wnroscoe

I have a 30BR to build and it needs to be weight compliant for the LV class. I'm trying to find a "Cheat Sheet" if you will to tell me where to cut a LV Krieger barrel so it makes weight, 10.5#'s or under. Does anyone have a link or info? Thanks.

It really depends on how much the rest ofthe Rifle weighs. Back when we were all using Leupold 36 scopes at 16 ounces and no tuners, you had a little to play with. Some of the higher end stocks barely weigh 20 ounces, but most will go in at 24.

I can not put over a 80 ounce barrel on my Sporter. That means cutting the chamber end with just 1 inch of "straight" left, at 21 34 inches for the overall length. Of course, I have 5.5 ounces of tuner hanging on the end.

It would be nice if you had an old barrel laying around to compare it to. Regardless of all the charts pubished, different manufacturers can have slightly different profiles. That means you can get the length right, only to find the thing weighs 169 ounces, and you have nothing else to take off.

Tell us what the rest of the Rifle weighs, what brand of barrel, and I can do some measuring and get you real close..........jackie

Thanks for the info guys. The barrel is a Krieger #18LV and weighs 8#'s as is from Krieger, in it's blank form. The scope, a Leupold fixed 45x, is being brought to me this week and I'll weigh everything together to get a rough total weight. Kelbly Rings and Panda receiver. The stock is from Kelbly's as well. I believe it's Club and weighs 2.2#'s as is, no bedding or paint.

Back