Lots of Varmint for Score In Gulf Coast Region

Virgil and Art

This is our club's internet site: http://austinrifleclub.org/. Some of the pictures [the ones at the top of the page rotate through different scenes] are a little dated but will give you a general idea of what's here. One of the nice things about our "C" range is that you can back your car up to [within 3 to 5 feet of] one of 40 benches. Season's Greetings! Art :)

Thanks for all your help.

Merry Christmas,

Vic

Art,
I’m planning on making some of the matches this year. With the match starting at 1:00 it will be easy to make the drive down, shoot and head home all in one day..Jon

Jon,

Maybe we can get a couple of us from DFW and all ride together. I was there last month for their shoot, and let me tell ya... be ready to shoot. Virg runs a pretty fast match.

VFS in St. Louis...

We have 4 VFS Matches scheduled for 2010 in St. Louis.
3 of the 4 are scheduled at the same time as Hunter Class Matches, which means you will have to choose to either shoot Hunter OR VFS. (Can't shoot both.) Our schedule is so full, that was our only option.
March 14: Hunter / VFS
April 11: VFS
May 23: Hunter / VFS
June 20: Hunter / VFS
The only problem is that we will surely gain some VFS shooters at the expense of the Hunter Class.
Ron

Make you a bet Ron

We have 4 VFS Matches scheduled for 2010 in St. Louis.
3 of the 4 are scheduled at the same time as Hunter Class Matches, which means you will have to choose to either shoot Hunter OR VFS. (Can't shoot both.) Our schedule is so full, that was our only option.
March 14: Hunter / VFS
April 11: VFS
May 23: Hunter / VFS
June 20: Hunter / VFS
The only problem is that we will surely gain some VFS shooters at the expense of the Hunter Class.
Ron

and I know you can't pass up a bet. Bet there are MORE shooters total than there have been any of the last three years. Run the year and get a total on the shooters. We can settle at KC Nationals. Winner gets a steak dinner. What do you think? Isn't this supposed to be about an INCREASE in shooters?

A bet for Dave ......

Hi Dave,
I don't like to gamble, I LOVE to gamble!
I think you might have missed the point of my comment, but if you didn't, we can surely get a wager of some sort. It's hard to "sign" a dinner check, so why not do it with cash? Say a $20 bill or even a $50... Suerly a guy can get a good steak for $50! (Signing the bill IS part of the deal.)
My comment was "Hunter Class will suffer at the expense of VFS". I stand by that statement, and will gamble on it!
I know there will be an increase in total attendance for the Hunter Class AND VFS, but, Hunter Class attendance will suffer. I know of 3 guys already that want to shoot VFS because they find Hunter too difficult because of the larger case, the recoil, the 10 lb. weight limit, and the 6x scope. Because one must choose between shooting Hunter OR VFS, some Hunter shooters will chose to try VFS, and that will leave less shooters to shoot Hunter Class.
The Bet: "There will be less Hunter shooters this year than last year."
You set the $$$ amount. (Don't let fear hold you back....LOL)
Got to go now, the kids and their familys will all be here for Christmas in an hour or so.
Merry Christmas to all.
Ron & Jo Ann

Not to butt in...

Hi Dave,
I don't like to gamble, I LOVE to gamble!
I think you might have missed the point of my comment, but if you didn't, we can surely get a wager of some sort. It's hard to "sign" a dinner check, so why not do it with cash? Say a $20 bill or even a $50... Suerly a guy can get a good steak for $50! (Signing the bill IS part of the deal.)
My comment was "Hunter Class will suffer at the expense of VFS". I stand by that statement, and will gamble on it!
I know there will be an increase in total attendance for the Hunter Class AND VFS, but, Hunter Class attendance will suffer. I know of 3 guys already that want to shoot VFS because they find Hunter too difficult because of the larger case, the recoil, the 10 lb. weight limit, and the 6x scope. Because one must choose between shooting Hunter OR VFS, some Hunter shooters will chose to try VFS, and that will leave less shooters to shoot Hunter Class.
The Bet: "There will be less Hunter shooters this year than last year."
You set the $$$ amount. (Don't let fear hold you back....LOL)
Got to go now, the kids and their familys will all be here for Christmas in an hour or so.
Merry Christmas to all.
Ron & Jo Ann

but Dave, I'll side with Ron and bet you an Ol Hickory that he is right about total NBRSA hunter shooters, 2010 vs 2009.

I don't have a wager in this bet...butt...

What is the problem with Hunter Class shooters moving into VFS.???
I directed and shot Hunter Class rifle from 1976 thru 1986 in San Angelo, TX
I would not blame anyone for moving to VFS...I took a pounding from my full 308 with 168 grainers from a 10 lb gun for many years...as long as the shooters aren't going into skeet, trap, or sporting clays..you still have them shooting Benchrest...right...:confused:
I would think it is a "win - win" situation...

eww1350 ...

I agree! And, you don't have to shell out money for a second scope, because you can't see everything you need to, with the first. Having to have Two Scopes, to shoot Hunter, never made sense to me. :)

Back