Lots of Varmint for Score In Gulf Coast Region

jackie schmidt

The old saying goes, "be careful what you ask for, you just might get it"

Our Region Director e-mailed us the tentative schedule for next year, and there are a LOT of NBRSA Varmint for Score Matches scheduled.

Lake Charles, San Angelo, and Austin are three ranges who have come on board with the NBRSA in this effort. Many of these are just one day matches, but heck, Austin and Lake Charles are less than 3 hours away.

It's going to be a busy year. I counted no less than 20 Varmint for Score Matches in addition to the regular Group Schedule........jackie

Last edited:
That's great for the people that like to shoot. Jackie, I think you might find there are a lot of people that like the one day format, I know I do and I like the fact that I can shoot twice a month and only travel 2 hours each way. I shoot a couple of group matches with the same travel time all the rest of the group matches are at least 5 & 6 hours each way.

Dan

I think this is why

That's great for the people that like to shoot. Jackie, I think you might find there are a lot of people that like the one day format, I know I do and I like the fact that I can shoot twice a month and only travel 2 hours each way. I shoot a couple of group matches with the same travel time all the rest of the group matches are at least 5 & 6 hours each way.

Dan

VFS and Score Shooting has become relatively popular. Multiple day shoots are a big committment. It is a short life and using one day at a time to pursue one's hobby or passion is, I think, easier for folks to justify. Plus all the other reasons ;).

Come on, Pete
Don't hold back, give us all the other reasons! :D

Best,
Dan Batko

"Where are we going and why am I in this basket?"

Schedule

The old saying goes, "be careful what you ask for, you just might get it"

Our Region Director e-mailed us the tentative schedule for next year, and there are a LOT of NBRSA Varmint for Score Matches scheduled.

Jackie,
When will the schedule be posted (or is it already)? I'm new to benchrest, and this will be my first full year to compete. I live in Dallas, have customers in Houston, and hunt 1 hr from san Angelo, so I might be able to do some double dippin on occasion.

2010 Tomball Club Matches

Jackie,
When will the schedule be posted (or is it already)? I'm new to benchrest, and this will be my first full year to compete. I live in Dallas, have customers in Houston, and hunt 1 hr from san Angelo, so I might be able to do some double dippin on occasion.

jackie schmidt
Super Moderator Join Date: Feb 2003

Andre

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 2010 Tomball Club Match Schedule is:

Feb 7
March 7
June 6
Aug 1
Oct 3

If you notice, they are all on a first Sunday of the Month.......jackie

The Gulf Coast Regional VFS Match will be posted at a later date when the scedule is finalized by our reginal director.....

Thanks Smitty

but I was looking for the Gulf Coast region 2010 schedule (I should have been a little be clearer in my request).
some one else was kind enough to send it to me via email.

i appreciate you anyway.

Group Matchs

It will intresting to see how bad this hurts attendance at group matchs in the Gulf Coast. Butch Fjoser

For Austin...

For the Austin Rifle Club:

Hunter/VFS matches start at 1pm (range open for flag setup @ 12 noon), the LAST Sunday of every month; year round.

Virgil Howarth
Match Director

must you always

It will intresting to see how bad this hurts attendance at group matchs in the Gulf Coast. Butch Fjoser

be so damn negative. Score shooting does NOT preclude group shooting. In may just cause an overall expansion. The more people we get to shoot at targets, the better off we ALL are. Group shooting is NOT an end unto itself

Zombie

but I was looking for the Gulf Coast region 2010 schedule (I should have been a little be clearer in my request).
some one else was kind enough to send it to me via email.

i appreciate you anyway.

Could you post the Gulf Coast Regional schedule please?

I heard that the St Louis club is having score matches this coming year. I havent looked myself yet as i just now thought about what i had heard. I hope it really goes big, as i really really enjoy that game. We have a small club match down the hill from were i live, and thats what started all this madness for me. I finally even won one. It was the last match of the season but i won!!! Looking forward to it!!! Lee

St. Louis has

I heard that the St Louis club is having score matches this coming year. I havent looked myself yet as i just now thought about what i had heard. I hope it really goes big, as i really really enjoy that game. We have a small club match down the hill from were i live, and thats what started all this madness for me. I finally even won one. It was the last match of the season but i won!!! Looking forward to it!!! Lee

been having score matches almost since the inception. They are called Hunter Benchrest Matches. If they add VFS to the playbill, we all win. But score up there is nothing new

Virgil

For the Austin Rifle Club:

Hunter/VFS matches start at 1pm (range open for flag setup @ 12 noon), the LAST Sunday of every month; year round.

Virgil Howarth
Match Director

What is the physical address to the Austin Rifle Club. I need to Google up a map.

Thanks and Merry Christmas,

Vic

Vic ...

What is the physical address to the Austin Rifle Club. I need to Google up a map. Thanks and Merry Christmas, Vic

This is our club's internet site: http://austinrifleclub.org/. Some of the pictures [the ones at the top of the page rotate through different scenes] are a little dated but will give you a general idea of what's here. One of the nice things about our "C" range is that you can back your car up to [within 3 to 5 feet of] one of 40 benches. Season's Greetings! Art :)

Art,
I’m planning on making some of the matches this year. With the match starting at 1:00 it will be easy to make the drive down, shoot and head home all in one day..Jon

Back