lapua ammo

Emailed you for test lots a couple days ago, no response. Was ist lose? Donke, GG

Phone call

Gordon:
Call Charlie Scott direct for the absolute fastest service. Charlie has never failed to answer his phone if he can hear it ring.

Thanks Fred, will give it a try if I can find his number.

DOH! His number is in the ad.
sterb092.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Got it. Talked to Charlie and have test lots on the way. Will report findings for the Suhl 150 and probably Anschutz 54 SM. Thanks again.

Got it. Talked to Charlie and have test lots on the way. Will report findings for the Suhl 150 and probably Anschutz 54 SM. Thanks again.

Got 5 lots of Lapua Master M, 8355X, 8357X, 8358X, 8451X, 8455X.

Short story - these lots do not shoot in my Suhl 150 or Anschutz SM 54.

:( I had so wanted them to work..........

lapua master X

is the master X just midas that failed the quality group test.

anybody tried it

Jeff

I heard a rumor that Joe Besche is using it to spank the Eley shooters.

And apparently he is shooting German guns too. So I need to figure out what the heck I am doing wrong. :confused:

Joe shot some Lapua that worked real well and did well in some matchs but I think most of his spankings he handed out were with Eley Black Box and his Brock 40X.

Gordon, what all have you tried shooting in those rifles? what have they shot in the past?

Charlie

The Anschutz SuperMatch 54 I've had for about 3 years. I have shot a 249 in RBA using some old Federal UM1, and my son shot a 2300 or 50 ARA with Lapua Multi Match Ultra L in the red box. It has the factory barrel, and is pillared in a Speedy G. stock (looks like the Edge). Factory trigger, Fudd tuner, Leupold 36 in BKL rings.

The Suhl 150 is a new acquisition, it also has a factory barrel and trigger, older style McMillin stock with action riding on pillars, Hoehn tuner, Weaver T36 with 3x booster in BKL's. This is supposed to be a grade 10 Suhl, but thats another story best left undisturbed. ;) It so far has liked Eley Match EPS black box in relatively higher speeds. But not great, so far 2200 ARA is the best I've done.

I have checked crowns with highpower magnifing glass and they look perfect, but as I have no bore scope (oh,the shame of it all!) cannot get a good look at the chamber. However, Butch Hongisto took a look at it for me and said it was fine.

Every time they are cleaned it is with a bore guide, and most often just wet and dry patches with ProShot cleaning liquid (it is really good stuff - says so right on the bottle). Don't normally use a brush until after a match to keep that dreaded carbon ring at bay.

If you can use any of this info to spot a problem or provide a helpful hint, I would appreciate it very much. Thanks.

ammo

I have a friend whose Anschutz just loves SK subsonic. There is another person that has the same rifle (twin) and it shoots the same ammo just as well.
Might give it a try.

Where are you getting the SK. Any particular lot number? Thanks.

Sk

I believe they were getting it from Champion Shooters Supply. I also think that Bruno's carries it.

Thanks Larry. Anybody else have experience with the SK? Is that the same company that makes Wolf ammo?

I feel hesitant to try anything other than Eley or Lapua, as there is a limited amount of funds available for rimfire ammo. Have other hungry mouths to feed with Italian motorcycles in the garage and a rock crawler Jeep CJ7 in the carport.

Same

They manufacture it in Germany. Biggest problem, is availability in bulk when you need it. That's why I stick with Lapua Master. Never a problem

Gordo

If you can get some Lapua Master M lot# 8399X try it in your suhl. The one I had just loved the stuff, it shot very well. Shoots great in the rest of my guns also.

Thanks. Charlie Scott is sending me a couple more lots to try, I'll see if he has that lot. :)

Back