lapua ammo

Sk Subsonic has been a great affordable alternative to Eley for me.
The only problem I have is getting the dealers to pull lot numbers

Champions has been great but the price of SK has been increasing at the same rate as all the others.

Ammo or motorcycle parts:( it been a tough call, my 1098 needs more carbon fiber ( maybe a D16RR ? )
and the laverda needs head work so its a diet of SK
and Romin noodles.

Poor lad, has to alter his diet to procure more carbon fibre bits for a $30k Italian motorcycle.

Hey, want to trade problems.
071.gif

If you can get some Lapua Master M lot# 8399X try it in your suhl. The one I had just loved the stuff, it shot very well. Shoots great in the rest of my guns also.

Well according to shorty that's just a coincidence. :D

But then again he knows all. :eek:

Brad

Yep, Yep! I knows what you mean. Kinda funny, but 8 guns I know of, shot this ammo really well. Smithed by 4 different Gunsmiths. I will be shooting it in some Monthly matches this season, that's how good I think it shoots, save the more costly ammo for the State and Nationals. Although maybe it's just a dream I'm still having.

Steve,

I believe most great ammo will shoot good in most all great rifle barrels. A true precision barrel that's almost perfect should know it when it is shooting ammo that's almost as perfect regardless from what maker. I think more than not if tested under the exact same condition this will hold true. Now some great ammo may not shoot as good in the wind vs other ammos. But I think there is a lot of myth in killer ammo not shooting in one precision barrel to the next. More times than not if it doesn't probably the barrel that it doesn't shoot as well in isn't as precisionly made or the bore has a different size bore or choke in the end of the barrel.

Every ammo I had that shot very good in my original Suhl barrel has shot only better in my Benchmark barrel has been my findings. The Benchmark barrel I believe is just a little more precisionly made than the Suhl barrel. But the Suhl barrel shot dang near as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
8399x

If you can get some Lapua Master M lot# 8399X try it in your suhl. The one I had just loved the stuff, it shot very well. Shoots great in the rest of my guns also.

That was a pretty good lot, I shot 2 cases of it last year in my Hall.
Gene

but is it the best shooting ammo in all those gun?? because according to somebody if it is the best shooting ammo in one gun it will be the best in all guns.

Nope that's not what I said. I said good ammo will shoot good in all good precision barrels. Every barrel will take a liking and have its favorites. :D

Kinda like people. Your one of my favorites. ;)

Well, just to make sure it wasn't me, I went back to my stash of Eley EPS and after several foulers they started dropping into the same hole.

One of those faovorites will be from the good shooting ammo. ;)

Good luck in your Nordenia quest.

Poor lad, has to alter his diet to procure more carbon fibre bits for a $30k Italian motorcycle.

We all do have our priorities :p
the 1098 wasn't 30,000 only 16,000. That left a little for beer , pizza
and a case of SK Match.:D

Back