Jackie Schmidt wins with Bart's 30 Caliber X-OUTS

Bart

There has been a lot of testing and shooting over the winter! Jackie Schmidt has done a good bit of shooting the new 30 caliber bullet. In other threads we've posted some practice score targets and several impressive 5 shot groups. All of that is great but it comes down to...How will it do in competition?

Apparently, it can hold its own!

Jackie won with it this weekend shooting 21X at the VFS Match in Austin under challenging conditions! It's the first match out! Not too shabby! The bullet is working! The new 30 Jackets are working and Jackie and Jackies' rifle are working!

Thank you Jackie!

Bart
Bart's Custom Bullets

Well, you never know until you put the coin in, and pull the handle.

When we got to Austin Sunday morning, the wind was already coming in pretty good. It was coming straight on, then ebbing about 20 degrees to the left, then to the right, sometimes to straight 90 degrees accross. I wasn't thinking X's, I was thinking " stay clean".

Anyway, it pretty much stayed that way for all five targets. On several targets, I shot the straight on, on others, an angled left to right. On two targets, four and five, I didn't even shoot a sighter. The condition was right for my sight in, so I went straight to the record. The picture I sent you was one of those.

I did have one bad shot, during the first match. I had decided to shoot the straight on, just trying to concentrate on the intensity. On the #4 bull, just as I let the shot go, the entire field of flags turned orange. And the bullet went exactly where the wind pushed it, up and to the left. It still hit a ten, but it's about as close to being a nine as you can get and still cut the 10 ring. But then, that is the nature of score shooting.

As they say, sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.;)
http://benchrest.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15827&stc=1&d=1422327898

But all the other 24 shots were rock solid.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 956
Last edited:
What does all this prove?
It proves we all have to go out and get new eyes.
That's what Jackie did. Now, that is the ultimate tuning job.
Hell, they didn't even have to plug that shot Jackie.

What does all this prove?
It proves we all have to go out and get new eyes.
That's what Jackie did. Now, that is the ultimate tuning job.
Hell, they didn't even have to plug that shot Jackie.

Here is the other side of the coin. When you get around to match 4 and 5, and have complete confidence in the Rifle, you are able to get away with this.

Notice the target has no sighter shot. You see the condition, and just get out of the way and let the Rifle work.

http://benchrest.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15834&stc=1&d=1422402963

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 795
Last edited:
Back