Jackie Schmidt Wins Tomballl VFS with 30 Cal X-OUTS

Any 25X set of targets will be scored also for wipeouts.. But Wipeouts only have a significance at 25X, nothing more, nothing less.

Would a shooter who shot a 250-25x with 22 or more wipeouts . Could their target be submitted to the records committee and considered a record in a NBRSA or IBS registered match. Or is it that a 250-25x record cannot be broken by wipeouts and wipeouts are a match only tie breaker rule and have no place in the record book but to show the original record was achieved this way. Or was there a previous 250-25x record with less wipeouts. Inquiring minds want to know. ???.
NBRSA Varmint For Score
5 shot 100-yds
250-25X-17W/O
Larry Kuse
9/16/2012 and can you be Creedmoored by a Wipeout missed..

Last edited:
The way I read the rule book, in Varmint for Score, world records are first considered by score, (250), then by X count, (25 X), and then by the X being wiped out when checking with a official NBRSA reticle scoring device.

http://nbrsa.com/Rules/rules_rev37_2008_2011.pdf

Scroll down to the 2011 revisions on Varmint for Score

Since both 250 and 25X has been surpassed, the only consideration for records is now the wiping out of the X.

I guess when someone finally shoots 250 25X 25 wipeouts, they will share the record with anybody else that achieves such a feat.

But I may be wrong on that.

Last edited:
Thank you, Jackie. Maybe a wipeout on the sighter target, unless like you an choose not to shoot it. Randy

Last edited:
Back