Is benchrest dying?

[W]ith the current status of things, benchrest is not a fair competition.... he top spot trophy goes to the guy who has the best barrel....How does one do that? Simple. By buying barrels in bulk and cherry picking the best one to bring to the match. Yep, that's how it's done folks.

We have a local match this weekend that I still haven't decided if I'm going to attend or not. Let see, spend $100 on match fee, $50 on gas, $100 on components (of which I don't know if I can replace anytime soon), work my arse off to get things set up and taken down, take a day off work, be dead tired for the next work week, and probably have no chance of shooting even decent.

I hope you enjoy the shoot this weekend; I'll look forward to seeing your name near the top of the results list. :)

That ain't gonna happen! My only barrel I brought is just a so-so barrel at best. Everyone but me would have to crossfire for me to even have a chance!

You been buying barrels in bulk and sandbagging on us? :cool:

You been buying barrels in bulk and sandbagging on us? :cool:

I wish I had a grundle of barrels laying around! In truth, I've only got one right now with less than 1200 rounds through it! After this past weekend, it's got another 200 down 'er! It'll be time for a new one before I know it and it will be another roll of the dice.

Back