Mrs. IR50/50

Hello,
Results for the following matches are now up on the IR 50/50 website:

Gateway R & P Club FL 5/5/2012 SOTY Unlimited
Gateway R & P Club FL 6/2/2012 SOTY 3Gun
Chief City Shooters IL 6/3/2012 SOTY 3Gun
Palmetto Gun Club SC 6/3/2012 Club 3Gun

~Rachel

By the way... the hunters returned home safely, with bears in tow.

Now it's time for that steak!!:eek: How has John been doing? Is he still heading to the Marines?

As per our communication, The May 3 Gateway gun are listed under UL with 4 shooters and June 3 gun had 3 shooters. I realize that rules may change due to the voluminous transition of data but the May data, though correct, needs to be listed as 3 gun. Have I missed a change in the rules for the number of competitors and how do you do the calculations if there are only 3?

Pete,
That sounds good, I was going by what is posted on the web page under rules. Looks like they need to make a change to reflect that. How can we shooters get a new copy of the rules? Sounds like they may need to change the number of benches also.

Pete, I communicated with Mrs. IR 50/50. She explained to me that smaller clubs have had problems getting shooters, "only 3 shooters are required for SOTY matches". I don't know if you can extrapolate this to regular club matches.

Especially if one of them is scoring!;)

Ken Henderson

Ken,
How many times at a match have you said, the second time a plug is put in the bullet hole it will be different, I would hope that
if it was, the scorer would accept that!!
I do agree that the way it used to be, ( out there) it sure seemed to depend on who you were !
Pete

Would be difficult to have three unbiased referees....
Wilbur, are you advocating the old rule of 4 is the way to go? As it stands now, a shooter could score his target, plug it and protest it and be a ref? I understand the reason for the change but it doesn't seem to be logical. Has the ship sailed on this matter.

Hi, Bob. There are some clubs on some days that may only have 3 shooters show up for the shoot. Are you advocating packing them up and sending them home?

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, Bob. There are some clubs on some days that may only have 3 shooters show up for the shoot. Are you advocating packing them up and sending them home?

Jim
Hey Jim- heck no, I wouldn't send a shooter home. We have a conundrum here. Any of the options are somewhat flawed. There might be 2 ref's with the third being called in when an agreement can't be made. Under similar circumstances you could have the third guy toss a coin (bad idea). I've seen a rare occurance where a non participant and knowledgeable in bench rest was called in (violation of IR 50/50 rules). Another, bit somewhat cumbersome choice is to send the target to a nearby rangemaster, or at worst, to IR 5050 (I don't think would appreciate that suggestion). As I said, I don't have an answer- I try and shoot 1 match a weekend and each is about 600 miles round trip. I'd hate to be sent home and certainly did not infer that in my original post. I think that this is subject that should be the subject of another thread.

Ken,
How many times at a match have you said, the second time a plug is put in the bullet hole it will be different, I would hope that
if it was, the scorer would accept that!!
I do agree that the way it used to be, ( out there) it sure seemed to depend on who you were !
Pete

It has not been my experience, with the new plug, that there is any change in the hole when re-inserting the plug. That may heve been true with the previous plugs when more of the bigger part of the plug could be inserted but I don't believe it happens now. I say this based on how relatively few target scores I have seen overturned in protests this year.

Scoring over a light box, especially in a low light environment helps tremendously, IMHO. It is pretty easy to find power for a light box. A plug-in inverter for one's automobile will proveide plenty of power to light one up.

Allowing a competitor to have a vote on his own target or protest is just askin' for discontent. It would be better to not allow protesting when there aren't enough to go around. Like Bob, I don't have an answer but experience tells me that someday...somewhere...

In my opinion, Anyone who isn't big enough to accept the opinion of two other fellow shooters probably should consider some other sport or activity to engage in, especialy if they did the scoring. If one feels they are being cheated by the other two shooters,perhaps they should consider how much time they want to spend hanging with them. After all folks, this is a Game and nobody is getting rich doing it.

I agree Pete, but saying it doesn't make it so. Doesn't make it so at all. Doesn't even come close to making it so.

Back