IR 50/50 target

Anybody have any thoughts on the new reduced size target ?

I don’t find it much different with the heavy rifles but I find it more difficult with the 6.5 X power Sporter scope. Not a lot but enough to be noticeable.

TKH

I find the smaller sighters on the side a little more difficult with a 6x. Otherwise, not much difference.
I do like the narrower width as far as rest travel though, not that it was ever an issue, just like it better.

With my 6 o'clock hold it took some getting used to. With 33% less black on the outer rings it offers a few less holds but after some matches it's fine.

I do find the smaller sighters offer an advantage over the older larger ones (if you have a nice, tiny dot).

Having trouble with that at my home range.
Have to be very careful with new targets to not get a shot into record box
Very easy to put a sighter into record box when windy
Have had numerous shooters get a penalty with two shots in a record box
Any else had this issue?

Dan

Having trouble with that at my home range.
Have to be very careful with new targets to not get a shot into record box
Very easy to put a sighter into record box when windy
Have had numerous shooters get a penalty with two shots in a record box
Any else had this issue?

Dan

I assume you're aware that a shot has to be completely in the box to be scored as an official shot. For a shot to be completely in a scoring box would be the equivalent of a minus 4 shot.

If the wind is blowing that hard I'd shoot sighters on the other side of the target or hold off more on the "windy" side until you're more confident of the hold.

I assume you're aware that a shot has to be completely in the box to be scored as an official shot. For a shot to be completely in a scoring box would be the equivalent of a minus 4 shot.

If the wind is blowing that hard I'd shoot sighters on the other side of the target or hold off more on the "windy" side until you're more confident of the hold.

Bruce,

Thanks for the explanation of the rule. I don't think it is widely known.

TKH

That rule must have changed. Back in the day, even before they put the sighters down the sides, I saw a shot plugged that touched the outer box and scored a -10! Damn good shooting George, lotta x's. LOL

That rule must have changed. Back in the day, even before they put the sighters down the sides, I saw a shot plugged that touched the outer box and scored a -10! Damn good shooting George, lotta x's. LOL

Changed years ago.

So the 10 ring size has not changed? Just the OD of the outer ring? When did this change happen?

Todd

So the 10 ring size has not changed? Just the OD of the outer ring? When did this change happen?

Todd

Todd, the size of the scoring rings hasn’t changed. The outer back ring was removed as well as a ring on the sighter.
Happened some time last year. I ran out of the old targets 2 matches ago but had bought the new from Jason last fall. 1st shot it at Braxton in late July/ early August.’21
It was done to decrease weight for shipping & printing costs. Didn’t hurt that it frigged Bruce up a match or 2 either. Lol

Last edited:
Todd, the size of the scoring rings hasn’t changed. The outer back ring was removed as well as a ring on the sighter.
Happened some time last year. I ran out of the old targets 2 matches ago but had bought the new from Jason last fall. 1st shot it at Braxton in late July/ early August.’21
It was done to decrease weight for shipping & printing costs. Didn’t hurt that it frigged Bruce up a match or 2 either. Lol

Thank you. I didn't know there had been a change.
Todd

Thank you. I didn't know there had been a change.
Todd
I hear 'ya. News travels real slow.
FYI, there's a factory class now too, evidently. Call Jason per the rules. Last I'd heard they would be minimal as far as restrictions. Meaning anything goes, as long as its completely factory. That may have changed though.
Keith

The factory class should help attendance. I have run bulletpro 150 at our club for the last 2 years. I have a good group of factory shooters that have a great time. Scores are really close and its a toss up of who will come out on top. Ill average between 14 to 16 per match and that's almost perfect because of only 8 benches. I made a prediction when ARA added factory. I said it would not be long before factory was equal to or above unlimited. Its came even faster than I thought. I'd say it was a good idea adding it to ir5050.
Todd

Back