IBS score match at Buck Creek this Saturday

J

JackieStogsdill

The Buck Creek gun club would like to welcome everyone to a 100-200yd IBS score match this Saturday starting at 9am. The weatherman is calling for temps to be in the 60's and there will be a free lunch grilled up by the professor. I might even have a pot of coffee ready if you don't get here too early. If you get there before I do, go ahead and start the coffee. Se ya Saturday. Jackie

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to thank the brave souls that came out and shot with us today. It was a miserable day to shoot in Somerset, Ky. It was cold, rainy and windy all day long. Here are the top 3 scores at each distance. Full results will be on the IBS website later.

100yds
1 Timmy Roland 250-17
2 Steve Jaynes 250-17
3 Randy Thomas 250-16

200yds
1 Timmy Roland 248-8
2 Ron Jackson 248-1
3 Tony McCoy 247-6

Grand
1 Timmy Roland 498-25
2 Ron Jackson 496-17
3 Tony McCoy 495-16

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny....

Funny how you can be in last place at 100 yds., want to sell all your crap and never mention the word "benchrest" again and then at the end of the day end up 3rd in the Grand and want to talk BENCHREST the whole 1 1/2 hr. ride home. :D

Sports are all about the trip:

Funny how you can be in last place at 100 yds., want to sell all your crap and never mention the word "benchrest" again and then at the end of the day end up 3rd in the Grand and want to talk BENCHREST the whole 1 1/2 hr. ride home. :D

If you've ever done much fishing that required travel you have come to realize that one must either learn to enjoy the trip at least as much sa the fishing, otherwise one won't stay with it very long. I have spent a lot of money and time going to far away places to fish only to have a weather front hang over the area for 4 of the 6 days I was there and the fish with their eyes closed those 4 days.

Gotta like the TRIP just going as much as the activity involved to be happy. Shooting is a lot like fishing in that way

If you've ever done much fishing ...

A fitting analogy for the day at Buckcreek: Toss that bullet into the wind, without knowing what, if anything, it may strike at the other end. :eek::D Somewhere around half the shooters, including me, dropped 5 points on the first target at 200. Congratulations to those who held it together all day!

Back