I Had LASIK Surgery Yesterday!!

jackie schmidt

I just got back from my post op check this morning, it is amazing.

No glasses. The whole World suddenly looks a lot better.

I just got back from my post op check this morning, it is amazing.

No glasses. The whole World suddenly looks a lot better.

Good for you Jackie!

It's amazing what modern health care can do for us; isn't it?

Hope to see you around a bit this year.

Glad to see you posting more on the forum.

Now that you have that hot rod Chevy fixed up like you want it you'll have more time for shooting.

Take care

Gene Beggs

Good deal Jackie. Load the guns in the hotrod and go to the range. That' like a 2 for 1 deal. Cruisin and Shootin.

You guys are too nice and warm to old Jackie.

Now Jackie, go to the mirror and take a close look at yourself.
Do you look better or do you see better? There is a difference and there's only one answer allowed.

Good deal Jackie. Load the guns in the hotrod and go to the range. That' like a 2 for 1 deal. Cruisin and Shootin.[/QUOTE

My wife and I are getting ready to leave for Austin right now to shoot a Score Match. Ed Bernabeo is going as well.

I guess I can try out these new eyes today.

Good deal Jackie. Load the guns in the hotrod and go to the range. That' like a 2 for 1 deal. Cruisin and Shootin.[/QUOTE

I guess I can try out these new eyes today.

I know you know this but don't forget to wear your safety glasses. It would be easy to start machining something without them now that you don't need prescription glasses to see the dials!

(I wish they could fix mine with some new technology...good camera, bad film they tell me)

Good luck!!

Lasik Surgery

Jackie I hope you have great success with your Lasik surgery. I had my eyes done at Duke University Esthetics Center by the chief of the Department. Had my right eye done after Christmas. Went back New Years week to have my left eye done. My right eye has been great. My left eye was a disaster, requiring 5 more surgeries over the next 3 years. My left eye is still not perfect. Now I am beginning to see flashes of light in low light situations.
Again Hope your goes well.
Nat Lambeth

Jackie I hope you have great success with your Lasik surgery. I had my eyes done at Duke University Esthetics Center by the chief of the Department. Had my right eye done after Christmas. Went back New Years week to have my left eye done. My right eye has been great. My left eye was a disaster, requiring 5 more surgeries over the next 3 years. My left eye is still not perfect. Now I am beginning to see flashes of light in low light situations.
Again Hope your goes well.
Nat Lambeth

Tomorrow will be a week. I am thoroughly pleased. I can see as well, if not better, than with my glasses. Plus, the World isn't all dirty and scratched up;)

I do have one problem, and did not discover it until last Sunday at Austin. We got there, and after I set my bench equipment up, I had my Wife help me set my flags. When I shoot score, I like to have my right eye in the scope, and my left scanning the flags. Well, it turns out, the left is the close up eye. The flags were pretty blurred.

So I basically had to raise my head enough so the right eye caught the flags. No big deal, but I never thought of that before they did the surgery. I should have requested that the left eye be the distance eye.

Dr Mann said I could get a set of shooting glasses with the correct prescription in the left, and clear in the right to be used when I shoot Benchrest.

Aside from that, everything seems very good.

So I basically had to raise my head enough so the right eye caught the flags. No big deal, but I never thought of that before they did the surgery. I should have requested that the left eye be the distance eye.
Could have been a PITA to focus your scope with the eye set for close up.

When I had cataract surgery in both eyes a year or so back, I opted to get both set for distance vision so I could see the range with my off eye. Because I was already used to wearing glasses all the time, it isn't all that much of a nuisance to carry reading glasses. The big problem is to remember to wear safety glasses about any time I have a tool in my grasp.

Congratulations, Jackie!

I had cataract surgery on my eyes (and then the laser procedure when what is left of the capsule the implant is placed in clouds up) and it is a remarkable experience to see well again. Colors are vibrant. There are individual leaves on trees. White, such as on a target, is white, not a dingy yellow and certainly not the indistinct images. Did I mention driving at night? I still wear glasses much of the time in part because of astigmatism that remains and my eyes came out around 20/30 instead of the 20/400 they used to be. Isn't medical technology wonderful? Just don't forget your eye protection when shooting.

Rick

Back