How Many Same Rifle BR Guys

Stephen Perry

Kinda curious how many BR guys are shooting the same bag gun they started with. How many barrels have you had chambered for that same rifle in say the last 10 years.

Stephen Perry
Angeles BR

Hi Steve,
I am a new guy. Have read some of your posts. Then you disappeared.
Been to the Angeles site for info on bullet casting????Not sure if you are connected.
I am on my first rifle. It had barrel #3 when I got it. Got barrel #4 in Feb.
6 tournaments and my first Super Shoot.
Barrel #5 is on the way.
Hope this helps.

Stephen

My "go to" Rifle has always been that little Farley Sporter that I have shot since late 1997. It is serial number 078. Of course, that action has been through no less than 5 stocks, it currently resides in a Robinson BRX. I have no idea how many barrels I have screwed onto it, or how many thousands of rounds it has shot.

At this time, I am changing all of that. I brought a new 2 lug chrome moly Bat, glued into a Bob Scarborough stock, from the Nationals. I feel like to be competitive, It was time to switch over to an ejector action.

That Farley has sure been a good one, though.........jackie

Is That Farley You used to Shoot with that Gumwood and Bondo Tape Stock

I really mean this you are the best Texas shooter I ever seen when you gonna learn how to shoot some place out of Texas.

Stephen Perry
Angeles BR

Hall S

Not my first BR gun. My first was my XP 100 with a Hart .222 and a 6x47 barrel in 1977 my first BR year. Gun was stolen after Kelbly Nats I was pissed and in shock for a couple years.

I bought my Hall S Six Stock in 1994. This is my main gun since then. This is what the West Coast guys call a Guthrie gun. Those fortunate to get one always got a Hall action either S or B in a Lee Six SPG stock always black. There were 4 or 5 of these guns for sale at different times as Guthrie and his wife eased out of BR. The Guthrie's were Visalia shooters regulars for many years. I never met them. I bought my gun through Harold Wolfe another Visalia regular. I met Harold at a Visalia Shoot in 94 where I was shooting my 6x47 and he told me he had 3 of the Guthries for sale all Hall's all $1200 each. I went home booked a flight to Sacramento the next weekend bought my Hall S with a Leupold 36X on it and flew back same day.

Since I have had my Hall which was well used I have had my stock pillar bedded. I also glued it myself with JB and probably had 10 barrels put on it by Bob Sutton, Gene DeLoney, and Stu Harvey. I was a Berger bullet shooter for several years. I had 22 and 6 barrels fot this Hall gun and put maybe 50,000 bullets throgh my Hall S before I started making my own bullets 22 and 6 some 9 years ago.

My Hall S is still my main action. Now I use several scopes no preference all 36X Leupold, Weaver, B & L. All my chambers are .262x. My Six stock is now gel coated black and generally the gun weighs 10.46 or 10.48.

I like the newer actions but never had an urge to buy one. My HV is a Davidson Sleeved Rem 600 Six stock same scopes several Hart / Shilen barrels. I have a Krieger 1-15 barrel waiting for a 22 PPC reamer to put on the HV.

That's about it not much different story than some of you.
Done.

Stephen Perry
Angeles BR

Last edited:
Stephen..

Kinda curious how many BR guys are shooting the same bag gun they started with. How many barrels have you had chambered for that same rifle in say the last 10 years.

Stephen Perry
Angeles BR

I still have and shoot, although I have others, my first gun. It was a used polished Panda in 6 PPC that once was owned by Hal Tolland. I had it rebuilt into a 30BR heavy score rifle in about 2000. The only thing original about the gun now is the action. Lovely shooter. I have an old Teddy I really like and a new Borden that is better than I deserve. --Greg

Hey Greg

I was born in Rumford, Maine. Never was poisened by the Score game though. I like jelly on my toast so I need more shots to see how I messed up that first one. Besides it's always fun trying to keep up with Ocock and Bruno. Nice action you have.

Stephen Perry
Angeles BR

Back