Homemade cartridge holders near the port?

Larry M

I'm attempting to build one that bolts to my rest and holds the cartridges near the port for quick easy loading. I have seen pics in the past but can't find them now. Can anyone post pics of theirs so I can get some Ideas.
Thanks.

I don't have a pic of the one offered for sale, but this is nothing new. The 1K guys have been making them for themselves for quite a while. Most I've seen is a freestanding thing, that hold the needed amount of rounds, some use it to mount their timer to, etc.

I'm sure someone will post a pic......

Not home made but available from Joe Cowan and advertised in the classifieds for $65 how much is your time worth ?.

caseholde.jpg

Ad # 1208 cowanhaus@verizon.net

Last edited:
cartridge holder

Scotty Crawford makes these

Attachments

• DSC02875.jpg
    DSC02875.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 1,733
Does anyone,

..have a set up to use with a John Loh rest? This would need to be set up on the left or port side for a right handed shooter. Thanks........ Jan

I noticed that most of the photos have the bullet pointed up. Try loading the block with the bullets pointed down and it will make it easier to load into the loading port of the action. Take it for what it's worth, just something you might try.

Here's what I came up with

with from some scrap stuff I had. I don't have any fancy saws, drill press or a lathe. I had a hack saw, drill, dremel, and a tap/die set. I had a piece of rod I bent to hold the block and a piece of 1.5" flt a put on the rest to hold the rod. I can move it all for angle adjustment. The block is a piece of very old loading block I cut down (still needs sanding). The holes in the block were drilled with a regular drill bit so the bottom of the holes are angular. I drilled smaller holes in the bottom of each to let the bullet pass through so I can fill it bullet down. It's rough but I think it,s going to work pretty good.

Attachments

• 100_1468.jpg
    100_1468.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 903
  • 100_1469.jpg
    100_1469.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 787
I have made several out of discarded material from a friend that installs those Corian type counter tops. The material is about 1/2 inch thick and comes in many colors and patterns. It is an acrylic material with marble dust in it. Glues up best with the acrylic glue they use but you can use epoxy also. Stack it together in whatever way you can think. Drills easy and can be polished out just fine. It is a bit heavy but if it is a free standing block that can be an advantage. Find a place that does this type of counter tops, they always have a bunch of trim pieces and sink cut outs that they will give you if you haul them off. As to what your time is worth.....I've been retired 10 years. Apparently is worth about $6.00 per hour :D . Can you say "Welcome to Walmart"?..LOL. Using this stuff at no cost, you are limited only by your imagination......Donald

Amen, Mike.....

I have a free standing holder with the primers up, works very well. This way, you don't have to rotate the round 180 degrees to place it inthe port. Scotty Crawford made several for a Farley type rest. I'm an old fashioned geek and I use the old heavy triangular Sinclair rest. My best setup is my HV with RB/LP right eject Panda. I can shoot bigger groups faster. Seriously though, it works very well.

"Snuffy"

Cowans Shell Holder

I have one of these Red Beauties that I have been using this year and its great. I can adjust it anywhere I want. Much nice than fumbling on the bench top for the next round. It allows me to shoot faster if I need to. Like Joes front rest I think it is by far the best buy for the buck out there. It works like champ!

Snuffy
I replied to your e-mail. If you did not get my reply let me know and I will send it again
Thanks
Joe Cowan

Thanks, Joe, I got it...

you guys need to advertise this good stuff with photos. Joe, yours look like a winner. I do like the primers up, MUCH easier to handle. IMHO
Again, what is inside that RED rubber looking thingy ??

Back