Holbrook MA Results 11/3/2012

ModelA

Had a good turnout with 11 shooters.
Lots of new toys. Even had a Dawson put together for Brad to shoot. Great to have Doug shooting again with us. Also had a new shooter Tim V. shooting the new sporter class with his Air Force off of a front bag only.

Production Class
Franky Monroe .22 M-rod 227 4x, 224 5X, 235 2X, 686 11X First

Sporter Class
Tim Vandawalker Air Force 191 0X, 128 0X, 201 1X, 520 1X First

LV-Class
Paul Bendix AA S-400 MPR-FT 250 16X, 247 10X, 247 8X, 744 34X First
Dan Brown AA EV-2 248 10X, 247 14X, 247 15X, 742 39X Second
Peter Wass AA EV-2 245 7X, 249 14X, 248 12X, 742 33X third

HV-Class
Mark Normandin RAW TM-1000 242 8X, 249 14X, 250 14X, 741 36X First
David Shattuck Theoben 246 10X, 247 10X, 245 9X, 738 29X Second tie breaker
Doug Shea Theoben 245 9X, 248 14X, 245 6X, 738 29X Third
Todd Banks Dawson 242 10X, 246 13X, 247 11X, 735 34X
Brad Niese Dawson 244 10X, 239 4X, 239 7X, 722 21X

Open Class
Al Joly FX- Royal .22 249 11X, 247 4X, 249 15X, 745 30X

Thanks for all the help in set-up and take-down. Mark for all the goodies, David for scoring.

Used the 1924 Haynes as the antique car season is coming to an end. Three guns, two rests, six target frames and backers, Box of targets and every thing else to run a match fit!
008-13.jpg

Mark, Dan, Franky
015-8.jpg

Todd, Pete, Brad
011-9.jpg

Tim
013-10.jpg

Doug
016-7.jpg

Relay two waiting to shoot
010-10.jpg

Hope to see everyone in December.

Paul

Last edited:
Paul,
Thanks for running the matches at Holbrook! It's worth the ride to see everyone and check out the new equipment everyone has come up with over the last couple of months. My new LW barrel seems like it'll be a good one after my 450 mile round trip to test ammo yesterday:eek: See you all next month!
Todd

Paul,

Thank you for everything you have done to help promote AGing in this area of the country. I'm only sorry that I've reached that point in my life where I'm no longer up to committing to running matches, and that Pinnacle Mountain has become so pissy to deal with over the past couple of years.

To All Others,

It was great seeing and shooting with you all. The scores you all turned in were exceptional. We have probably the best all-round group of guys to be with of any discipline in sports. And, if you don't believe it, just ask Brad. As he has found, no matter what you need there will be someone there who is more than willing to advise, lend and/or give you what you need or are looking for.

Have a great Thanksgiving and hope to see everybody next month.

Dave

Thanks to all for the warm welcome and especially the use of the cleaning kit. After some testing yesterday I found that those Crosman Premiers do break up in my barrel and the RWS pellets throw a flyer about once in every 6 shots, looks like the JSB 15.9s will end up as pellet of choice. Looking forward to Dec and some better results from the Talon.

Tim

Twas very nice to shoot with you guys once again and to see you once more. Thanks You Paul, for facilitating the match. It's very nice for all of us that you are so generous with everything. Hope to see you in the Spring.

Pete

Thanks Paul for hosting the shoots! Always a good time with good folks!
Dan, thanks for building the Dawson! It looks awesome! I have a feeling when I find the right pellet it's going to be a monster!
Todd, thanks for the loan of the scope and stock! The Dawson will be sporting it's own glass next time, I will order the rings tonight. If I am lucky it will be sporting it's own stock too!
Looking forward to next month!
Brad

Paul,
As always a great match, with great people! I love the new SUV you carried all of the match equipment in! It was very good to see Pete especially considering the cross country trek he had to attend the match. Also it was very nice to see Doug Shea ( thanks for the bailout ) his equipment is always thought provoking and the work of a Master Craftsman. Lastly welcome Tim Van you could not find a more generous and helpful lot to fall in with, hope to see you at future matches.

Mark N

I would also like to add it is a lot of fun to be involved in the beginning of a Sport Disciplin. I had the oportunity to have done this very thing with Motocross way back in my Latent Youth and I see lots of parallesl here in this Sport, particularly with the equipment. Not having been a Great Motocrosser, as I will probably not be a Great Shooter, I find a lot of enjoyment and reward in the "Tinkering" with the equipmentand seeing the Sport evolve.

Last edited:
Back