Holbrook Indoor results UK postal and USA scoreline Jan 5 2013

ModelA

Had a great time shooting this month the first two cards for the UK World Postal Match and all three for the USA scoreline.

Thanks to everyone that put the UK World postal match together. Will post pictures tomorrow.
Thanks for all the help in getting the range setup and taken down.

On the UK postal every one shot with no power restrictions.

Rick shooting a SUMO shot a 500 36X for first place
Dan shot his AA EV-2 12 fpe also shot a 500 28X for Second place
Mark shot his TM-1000 20 fpe 497 31X for third
Will have to wait untill next week to see how we did i the world standings.

Results

LV Class

Dan Brown AA EV-2 .177 250 15X, 250 13X, 249 14X, 749 42X

Paul Bendix AA MPR-FT .177 249 12X, 248 16X, 249 10X, 746 38X

Todd Banks AA EV-2 .177 245 12X, 247 12X, 248 14X, 740 38X

HV Class

Mark Normandin TM-1000 .177 249 16X, 248 15X, 250 20X 747 51X (took stripper off for 3rd card)

Brad Niese M-Rod .22 248 12X, 249 10X, 243 7X, 740 29X

Daniel Finney M-Rod .177 239 5X, 249 13X, 247 14X, 735 32X

David Shattuck Theoben .177 243 8X, 247 8X, 244 7X, 734 23X

Open Class

Rick Ingram Chip Smith SUMO .22 250 17X, 250 19X, 249 18X, 749 54X

Al Joly FX-Royal .22 246 8X , 250 10X, 250 14X, 746 32X

Ray Hill FX-Royal .22 243 4X, 248 10X, 248 13X, 739 27X

Sporter Class

Tim Vandawalker A.F. Talon .22 196 1X, 211 1X, 239 5X, 646 7X

Production Class

Franky Monroe M-Rod .22 236 6X, 235 5X, 230 2X, 701 13X

UK Postal Match Results

Rick Ingram shooting a Chip Smith SUMO in .22 500 36X first
IMGP1560-1.jpg

Dan Brown shooting a AA EV-2 .177 LV 500 28X second
IMGP1573.jpg

Mark Normandin Raw TM-1000 .177 HV 497 31X third

IMGP1561.jpg

L-R Paul, Dan, Rick, Daniel, Al, David, Tim
IMGP1575.jpg

Ray
IMGP1563.jpg

Todd

IMGP1569.jpg

Brad
IMGP1570.jpg

Franky
IMGP1571.jpg

Thanks,

Paul Bendix

Last edited:
Thank to Paul and all for a good day . Hope to see you all down the rood . Rick

Thank you Paul for running the match. Thanks Mark for the donuts.
Rick you will be unstoppable with that Kreiger and Sumo in open class.
A few pics.
Paul, Rick, Daniel, Al, Dave, Tim
CIMG0014.jpg

Brad and Franky
CIMG0011.jpg

Dave and Todd
CIMG0009.jpg

Brad's new barrel on his marauder
CIMG0008.jpg

My ev2 with Mark's benchrest stock
CIMG0010.jpg

Paul,
Thanks for always putting on a great match! I can't wait for the next one!
Mark, thanks for the goodies!
Dan, I can't say thanks enough for work you have done on my Mrod! I can't wait to get it back on the line to see what it can do! I mean a 248 and a 249 on the first two cards off of bags!? All I can say is WOW! Thank you!
Good shooting everyone! I must say we have a great bunch of folks to shoot with here. I am glad I can be a part of it!
Looking forward to seeing everyone next month!
Brad Niese

Paul,
A fun time as always, the shoot was a great gathering with the best bunch of guys. Congrats to Rick and Dan on their 500's nicely done! Also Thank You to Brian and our British Cousins for putting the Postal Match together I enjoyed it a great deal.

Looking forward to next Month.

MarkN

Thanks guys, hard work as I'm sure all the match directors around the World will know, but worth it. Some great scores came in from some great shooters, some of whom I hope to meet in person later this year.

I'd like to give special mention to the Italian shooters, these guys knew they were in with no chance of getting on the podium, shooting outdoors in an indoor competition, but still gave it their all. To me that's what this game is all about.

The scores are yet to be confirmed, there is one US shooter whose scores are missing from the sheet but that won't affect the top places and I'll correct it a little later to give chance for any other mishaps to be raised, thankfully no others so far.

Hopefully we can do the same again next year, maybe even make it bigger

Brian

Hi I wood like to thank every one that is concerned about my HAT . I wish to insurer you that it is worse in person , and the pic. dress it up .I do take it off for some things but not much . I started out with 3, used them for dress , every day , and work . I lost one at the worlds and one up in the wilds of the north east leaving only one to do all work . I well listen to all concerns but respond much better to gifts or $$ . I well continue to do my best to represent the USA in the sport of Air Gunning despite the condition of my HAT .:) Rick

Paul, I had a great time as usual, even if my magic pellets didn't work. Congrats to Rick and Dan for their 500 aggs and to Franky for breaking 700 in Production class. Brad's new Marauder barrel is a killer, too! Hopefully I'll have the new air supply for my Dawson in time to do some testing and tuning before next months match so I can run with the Big Dogs:)
Todd

Last edited:
Hi Paul,
By removing the air stripper, do you mean the (what we call) the tuner on the end of the barrel? Ron Silveira removed his and I'm still using one but would have no problem removing it. Especially if I could give Ron a run for the money, even though I'm only in it for the fun. ;->
Mike
BTW, VERY nice postal scores!

Just as an aside, I have been using a comparable device to a Stripper on one of my RF rifles for a year or so. I shot in an indoor match on my way South and found that my rifle shot better inside without the "Stripper". I used it again Sunday in an outdoor match but will try the rifle without it in the next match. I have tried a stripper on my CZ when I first got it but found that it acted more like a tuner and was ultra sensative to movement. I found that simply using th 1 oz sliding sleve about mid barrel works best BUT, I have come to believe that my rifles go in and out of tune, depending on the ambient and or choice of pellets. There is no other explanation that I can see. I see the same happen with my RF rifles indoor.

Hi Paul,
By removing the air stripper, do you mean the (what we call) the tuner on the end of the barrel? Ron Silveira removed his and I'm still using one but would have no problem removing it. Especially if I could give Ron a run for the money, even though I'm only in it for the fun. ;->
Mike
BTW, VERY nice postal scores!

Mike,
Thanks we all had a Great time! You needed the scores that you normaly shoot at Wild River. Ron's 250 24X
and Colin 2nd 250 24X are the only ones so far. Who will be the first 250 25X ? My bet will be this year at Wild River!

Mark's Tuner/ Air Stripper has a moveable cone that is adjustable to the end of the barrel. I am not sure if he took the complete Tuner/Stripper off or just the inside cone? Maybe he will post what he did. The picture of his gun was before the match so no help there. I was in the other room scoring targets and getting my gun ready, as we both shot on the same relay.

Mark's Tuner/Stripper picture before the shoot.(straw in the end for cleaning barrel)
MarksTM-1000.jpg

Paul

Last edited:
Paul/Mike
The unit shown on the end of my barrel is a custom DanB adjustable AirStripper. When setup to best pellet flight it is very effective. I had it working very very well in my practice sessions prior to Saturdays Match. However under the Heading that 'Sometimes Great is the enemy Good', some Gorilla (ME) decided to pull some extra tight patches thru the bore! In doing so I unknowingly disturbed the Airstripper. As the results show, I struggled on the first two cards and barely shot a 249 and a 248 while the third card was a very easy 250-20X point and shoot. Live and Learn as they say. Bottom line I believe the airstripper does make a difference however I do not believe it will turn a 245 gun into a 250 gun. The search continues for that 750-75X

Having Fun Yet

MarkN

Paul,
Once again I want to thank you for hosting another great shoot! You'd be hard pressed to find a finer bunch of people anywhere. It is always a very challenging get together, but the level of encouragement from all the rest almost exceeds the level of talent (maybe not).
By now bringing these matches up to an International level only makes the game that much more fun as it allows us all to see how we stack up against the rest of the World.
I've never been a big fan on the Outdoor Postals as each shooter is guaranteed to be facing entirely different conditions than others shooting the same match, but from a different area. But when everything is moved Indoors at 25Y there's not much that will differ between those of us gathering on the East Coast or West Coast of the US, in the UK, or Russia, South Africa, Australia or any where else that our friend may be gathering.
Thanks again, and looking forward to February's match.
Dave Shattuck

I've never been a big fan on the Outdoor Postals as each shooter is guaranteed to be facing entirely different conditions than others shooting the same match, but from a different area. But when everything is moved Indoors at 25Y there's not much that will differ between those of us gathering on the East Coast or West Coast of the US, in the UK, or Russia, South Africa, Australia or any where else that our friend may be gathering.

My thoughts exactly Dave. If it is the will of the majority to arrange these competitions more than once per year (which was the original plan) and maybe make it a three card event. I'm sure there would be plenty of takers.

There does seem to be some discussion on other forums around the World of "why were we not in this", so I see the possibility of more joining in.

Brian

Last edited by a moderator:
Back