Hoke Kerns

Dave S

NRA Benefactor Member
I have lost a great friend and RFBR has lost a great shooter and ambassador of our sport... I received a message from Mickey Law, that Hoke Kerns of Alabama, passed away on July 12,2020.. Mickey did not have any more details, except that he had received an e-mail from one of Hoke's relatives letting him know..
Hoke was one of the "good guys" of BR-50. He always had a smile on his face and would always do his best to help anyone who asked... I know that he was a great help and inspiration to Pat and me when we got started in BR-50 and we always looked forward to going to Alabama an Georgia to shoot with him.. Pat and I are honored to have been able to call him our friend....

Hoke will be sorely missed by many of his friends... We are diminished.....

R.I.P Hoke...

"GO GATORS"

Dave & Pat Smith

Last edited:
I was thinking about Hoke earlier this Month !

Hoke was as Good as they get ! I really enjoyed talking to Hoke ! James Pappas had a Pappas Rimfire Products cap made for Hoke utilizing the Florida Gators Orange & Blue ! Just For Hoke !

He will be missed.

He and I emailed for years and finally I got to meet him at the Big Chicken Barn years ago. Fine Gentleman. we see too few these days. We did a tuner experiment for an article he wrote for PS magazine many years ago on tuners and tuner settings, I think the title was " On 185 I do believe"

Pete

RIP Mr. Kerns

Hoke, was one of my mentors when I first looked into shooting Rimfire Benchrest. I haven't shot any benchrest in over 10 years and all my rifles have been sold but I sometimes miss all my old friends. I'm sadden to hear Hoke has passed on. Regards, AL W.

Back