Heavy flight traffic still going on

They are ghost flights. The flights are posted on the board but don't actually materialize. This info comes from a retired Continental pilot. He said the airlines do it for a reason, but I can't remember the reason.

They are ghost flights. The flights are posted on the board but don't actually materialize. This info comes from a retired Continental pilot. He said the airlines do it for a reason, but I can't remember the reason.

They are real just 5 min off time for security reasons I have tracked my wife's flight a good number of times and also tracked her cruise ship vacations. I live near Tampa and St Petersburg air ports and can see them coming/going and then go outside and watch them.

I would venture any amount of money that NORAD has a totally different count.

If,the FAA could have kept track of 4 heavies,thousands would still be alive & 2 Towers would still be standing...today.

There are many flights with less than 10 people. Huge loses. Had one with only a family of 4 last night and a couple today with 2 and 3 people on 737s that seat 143 to 175 depending on the model. Crazy

Edit:Southwest is almost at 1/2 normal schedule and decreasing. Talked to a frontier pilot today and he said they are losing 75% of flights.

Last edited:
Just like any inclosed environment, an airliner can be a incubator for viral infections.

All it takes is one exposed person to infect dozens of others, and in turn each of those will in turn expose dozens of others.

Why there might be a need to move certain people from one point on the globe to another in a timely manner, loading up an airliner with possibly carriers of CV-19 seems a tad absurd.

As a side note, there are two cruise ships sitting off the coast of Florida, both heavily infected with CV-19. These cruises started AFTER the pandemic was declared. Now the relatives are demanding these passengers be allowed to depart.

Really?

Regarding flights

here in my section of Maine our traffic is not what you would see in other areas of the country, but in addition to domestic flights the local airport is a hub for overseas flights, a safety landing spot for those in trouble, refueling. etc. Of course those overseas flights have stopped so we are seeing almost no overhead traffic. Our home, miles east of the airport, is on the flight approach and departure routes for those overseas flights. In addition we are on a major east west route between canada and the us. Some truck traffic but not nearly as much as normal. No private traffic to and from Canada now that the border is closed. I don't mean to have this sound unconcerned, but the quiet is eerily pleasant. Lets hope things get back to normal soon.

System wide, over 1/2 the flights have been cut. Thank goodness for cargo needing moved. Lots of layoffs, and very few with paid leave. Let’s hope this isn’t as bad as 9-11 ...

System wide, over 1/2 the flights have been cut. Thank goodness for cargo needing moved. Lots of layoffs, and very few with paid leave. Let’s hope this isn’t as bad as 9-11 ...

It is hard to grasp how many flights per day are in the USA.
When we tested equipment and software it was often a nightmare to verify it was doing all that was desired.

It is hard to grasp how many flights per day are in the USA.
When we tested equipment and software it was often a nightmare to verify it was doing all that was desired.

Southwest alone flies ~4000 flights a day normally. Don’t even know the numbers of everyone else included. Crazy amounts

Some folks from New York flew in here to go skiing near Sun Valley. The town they were staying in now a center for the virus.

Mort

I would venture any amount of money that NORAD has a totally different count.

If,the FAA could have kept track of 4 heavies,thousands would still be alive & 2 Towers would still be standing...today.

Just WTF is it you know about the FAA and aircraft tracking? Sounds like you better stick to welding

Just WTF is it you know about the FAA and aircraft tracking? Sounds like you better stick to welding

With a Top Secret Security Clearance,(15yrs),it's something that YOU could only dream of.

Keep practicing on your BlackSmith produced Mausers!

With a Top Secret Security Clearance,(15yrs),it's something that YOU could only dream of.

Keep practicing on your BlackSmith produced Mausers!
Many of us had ts clearances but that doesn’t mean the government told us all the details of 911. Ha. Making friends again.... nice

Back