gunsmith excersise.....

I HAD a Swedish M41 rifle in 6.5 x 55 with a 4 X Ajax that would shoot five rounds under .5 at 100 yards with excellent handloaded ammunition.
That particular rifle had been rebarreled six times before I got it and had a new barrel .
It was handbedded-you could still see lampblack on the inside of the stock.

I shot my first wood chuck at 200 yards with that rifle with 100 gr. Sierras.
I sold this rifle for $65 to a hunter as I was shooting my other new guns much more.
On hindsight that was not my smartest thing to do and I do regret selling this fine rifle to this day.

Eight out of ten days conditions were perfect with no wind at that particular range .
The new BSA .243 would shoot five rounds into .5 at 100 -the same accuracy as that 6.5 x 55.

I did the same thing with my cased No.4 mk.1T .303 except that I sold that for $80 to a good friend.
Who left it in a basement and there was a flood -woops !
That rifle shot under one inch at 100 with DA 45/50 ammunition selected for Bisley pratice.

Just a few comments as these old rifles can shoot very well and are rather interesting to study the history involved.

I was shooting a C.I.L. 190 .22 lr rifle indoor into one hole at the time and no one told me that the centerfire rifles would not do the same thing outside -Ha!

Glenn

Last edited by a moderator:
Jerry -

Snow boarding down there...wow
Come up here, and I'll go with ya.....

---------------------------------------------------

Who ever Mike bumped it for, I wonder if they can see 1/2-MOA from his target?
I don't that's for sure... betting I'll see Jerry snowboarding before Mike gets 1/2-MOA

well i have measure targets for years....
same tools REAL br shooters use...
i am quite cabable of measuring a group.
the numbers are listed with each group...
any time you want to come to my house and remeasure, just give me a call.
lowering yourself to calling me a liar does your integrity no good...
mike in co
Jerry -

Snow boarding down there...wow
Come up here, and I'll go with ya.....

---------------------------------------------------

Who ever Mike bumped it for, I wonder if they can see 1/2-MOA from his target?
I don't that's for sure... betting I'll see Jerry snowboarding before Mike gets 1/2-MOA

Back