From WhaT I Tested Of

H

harrydeneen

The New Lapua My Conclusions Are As Follows.. It Shoots No Better Than A Good Lot Of Yellow Box Lapua Or Black Box Eley !! I Could Be Wrong And Time Will Tell Down The Road.. If It Does Shoot Better Than All The Rest Then That Will Only Hurt The Game Of Br Rimfire To The Brink Of Extinction... But I Feel While It Is Good Ammo,, I Feel Confident With My Conclusion On Ammo Testing... While The Price Of Everything Is Out Of Sight, This Price Is A Joke... Harry..:):):)

Last edited by a moderator:
Harry,
Thanks for telling it like it is!!;)
Sometimes I get so frustruated on this formun when I read a post about how good this thing or that thing is then when I do a little research I find that a lot of these posts are by friends of someone trying to sell something!:(

Harry

Can you give us an idea of how extensive your testing was? How many rounds you fired? Group sizes, etc?

I hope you are right about this stuff, but it would seem a dumb move on Lapua's part to try to charge this much for a product no better than what was already available. You did see they are pricing this stuff at over $20.00 a box?

I'm all for going back to everyone shooting club provided ammo at matches. That makes it a shooting contest and even up the odds. Now it is a search for the right ammo and lot number.

Thanks Harry,
I can always trust you. I am sure that you gave it a good testing or you would haave not said anything.
Jim

Thanks Harry,

We all value what you say and it is normally short, and to the point. No riddles to have to try and decipher.

No matter what...you still have to be able to read the flags, know where to point and when to pull the trigger.

Charlie

words of wisdom.....

The New Lapua My Conclusions Are As Follows.. It Shoots No Better Than A Good Lot Of Yellow Box Lapua Or Black Box Eley !! I Could Be Wrong And Time Will Tell Down The Road.. If It Does Shoot Better Than All The Rest Then That Will Only Hurt The Game Of Br Rimfire To The Brink Of Extinction... But I Feel While It Is Good Ammo,, I Feel Confident With My Conclusion On Ammo Testing... While The Price Of Everything Is Out Of Sight, This Price Is A Joke... Harry..:):):)

Harry makes several very good points about the current situation regarding the new Lapua. I would like to add my perspective.

While it is a no brainer that each lot of ammunition will shoot differently in each rifle, remember that Lapua promised a 25-50% improvement in accuracy? If that was the case, even a lousy lot of Lapua Xact should have been on par with Eley Black or Tennex.

Yes, there are shooters in all smallbore disciplines that are able to afford this ammunition with the notion that they are happy to win at all cost.

But what if the ULITMATE cost is that smallbore is priced out of existence?

I'm talking about benchrest, prone, 3-position, 4-position, silhouette...every discipline that consumes a large segment of all .22 caliber match ammunition sold by the major manufacturers.

If all shooters are willing to pay for ammunition at this price - and from inital reviews with no performance improvement - why wouldn't Eley just say "BOHICA" and up the price for their match ammunition to equal that of Lapua? Market pricing folks...it happens more than you think.

What is more scary is that, if it is true, some vendors have already "sold out" of the new Lapua. (Personally, I find this hard to believe and think this is more of a marketing ploy that they are "sold out" so quickly to further boost the notion that shooters are DUMB enough to pay that much for ammunition...no matter how good it performs.)

Alas..I digress.... The initial rush to even try 50 rounds of this ammunition at about $26/box is a sad state of affairs.

Maybe I am wrong, but every true competitive shooter should really take a step back and ask if buying this ammunition and supporting this ammo-lust mentality is really worth the death of the sport that they love.

I personally won't even give Lapua or any of their vendors who attempt to anally rape shooters any consideration for this ammunition whatsoever. Let this stuff rot on the shelves. While I am not happy about the current price of Eley or RWS, Lapua has gone over the line.

REAL shooters don't need ammunition that costs $26/box to win rifle matches.

Ken Benyo
2007 National Civilian Prone Champion

at the price they are asking i had made up my mind that i wasn't buying any of it. didn't matter if it loaded itself and another round pulled the trigger for me!!! i'm glad somebody did a test and put up a post about it!! thank you vey much. i'll just stay with the eley rounds.

I Remember A Few

Years Back When I Was Selling Alot Of Lapua And I Recieved A Big Shipment At That Time... So As I Filled Out Some Orders That I Had And The Feedback Was That The Ammo Was No Good... So I Went And Tested Some Myself And As Some Of You Can Remember I Posted That This New Ammo Did Not Shoot... Even Though I Had A Big Pile Of It And I Got In Touch With My Distrubutor And Told Them That The Ammo Must Of Got Over Heated.. Well Some Other Sellers Did Not Like Me Saying This ,and I Told Lapua After Admitting They Changed The Primer Compound Without Telling Us, That I Was Sending The Junk Back.. When They Told Me That It Was Good And I Was The Only One Complaning I Sent It Even Quicker... I Can Tell You I Was Not Very High On Their List... Let The Shooters Decide What Is Good ... Harry..:):):)

What Harry Says Is..is The Way It Is !!!

If Harry says the New Lapau is just average good, then I believe that to be true. Harry isn' t going to build it up or tear it down without a fair test. Harry probably has more experience testing ammo than the rest of us put together. No doubt some of it will shoot great in some rifles, but $25 a box...it better float on water. Good shooting to all, Glynn

Shorty,

Harry has forgotten more about shooting in the last 15yrs than you will know in a lifetime. How many world records have you shot or better yet how many matches have you won on a national level? Harry speaks, you can either listen or keep floating in the twilight zone.

If it's just average and not the 'key' to 25X's, then Lapua is shooting themselves in the foot with the insane price, unless, of course, this new ammo is consistent from day to day, unlike most ammo.

Lapua

If it shot as good as Black box Eley----- then it IS 50% better than it was!!!!:D:D:D THANKS Harry....bill

Back