Friend Wilbur

James,

I did some searching and you are correct. I see your point. There's a lot of great guns that have shot some great scores. It would be extremely difficult to say one smit beats some of the others who have done great as well.

Thanks for correcting me.

Well, That Explains Alot.....

Everybody knows I'm dead.

Wilbur or next of kin, I have emailed about advertising on BRC and never received an answer. Then when I read the post of Lynns about all the advertisers beating down your door because of all the views from Bill Calfee posts, I realized I was on the list and you just haven't got to me yet. Now I find out you are dead, well that explains alot. I just thought I hadn't seen your name on the match reports was because of, well, uh, the way you shoot. I bet I hear from you now. James

Train Wreck Effect

James I consider Wilbur more The Frank Sinatra Chairman of The Board type than the Elvis type.

In response to your not understanding that 25,000 views is better than 300 all I can say is Wilbur has left the building.
Lynn

Hey Lynn, I understand the 25,000 views. What part of the "train wreck effect", do you not understand? Send me a self addressed, stamped envelope and I will explain it to you.

Wealth of Knowledge

Shot with Ed Shilen this weekend and absorbed the wealth of information he has stored in his little brain. He freely shares, with no thought of charging anyone a cent. Can't say that about BC, as he's never attended a match I've been to in 47 years.

I have seen it and can say it.

Fred, I have attended matches Bill C. has been present at. Of course I reside in his home state of Indiana. I have heard Bill give up information freely to those interested parties that ask. He promotes the rimfire benchrest with a passion that I have yet to see surpassed by anyone that I have met and I have traveled quite a bit while meeting some very wonderful and knowledgable people such as yourself along with many others.

Mike Sherrill

Experience

Thanks Mike, I was only speaking from my experience. We don't see many Calfee guns in Texas anymore.

I agree Mike the first match we where at Bill made sure we where comfortable and help guide us thur it gave us elbow pads, targets any thing we needed,and, also there wasn't no way we where getting out of there with out eating and talking about rifles and targets, Bill will also slap you on the back or shake your hand when you do good even if he didn't build the rifle your useing

Jim Paris

Tom when you try and sell advertising space on the internet customers want to know about the number of people viewing your forum.The more viewers you have the better for the advertisers and the better for Wilbur.
Bill Calfee's threads on average draw about 10,000 views with his centerfire post drawing 25,000 or more.Nobody in the history of Benchrest Central draws the views of Bill Calfee time and time again and nobody else even comes remotely close.
There was a long running thread on converting 50 bmg brass into 3.900 inch shotgun shell cases that also had a huge number of views but that was a rarity.
Bill Calfee is The Elvis Pressley of Benchrest Central if we leave Wilbur out of the running.
Lynn

Include me as another Calfee fan !!
Precision Shooting magazine sure has gone downhill since he left !!

Back