Flag Pole Transportation & Storage

A

AVanGorder

I need a better way of transporting my wind flag poles. They are currently just laying on the floor. Give me some idea, drawings and pictures are even better.

Adrian

I need a better way of transporting my wind flag poles. They are currently just laying on the floor. Give me some idea, drawings and pictures are even better.

Adrian

Adrian, I carry four of them and the wind flags in a hard side double gun case. I like to simplify and cut down on the clutter.

Concho Bill

I use

Covered plastic containers I purchased @ Walmart. I keep my flags and poles in the same covered container. I keep my probes in a second plastic covered container of the same size. They stack together well. The wife of one of my shooting partners made soem nice flannel bags for my flage; complete with velcro closures; not bad.

I use the $10 foam lined hard plastic gun cases. They'll hold a surprising number of up to about 3 1/2 feet long stands . I bind my longer ones together on the ends with velcro-ended elastic straps to keep them from spreading out all over the truck.

I used to use a nylon ski bag...........It got pretty rough looking in a short time so I retired it. It had some miles on it to start with from carrying skiis; maybe a decent new one would be just the ticket.

-Dave-:)

Last edited:
A

Adrian

suitably sized tool box will hold all my pegs, tools, radios, flags and tails. A friends wife made individual socks for each flag. I bungie cord the poles together. The daisy wheels are the bugger. I still haven't figured those out yet.

suitably sized tool box will hold all my pegs, tools, radios, flags and tails. A friends wife made individual socks for each flag. I bungie cord the poles together. The daisy wheels are the bugger. I still haven't figured those out yet.

Got some pics?

Just say NO

to Daisy Wheels and the problem goes away. :D

I've always used ...

the USPS wedge shaped boxes I received them in. They fit perfectly in each box. They stand upright in my garage and nestle tightly together on the floor of my car behind the front seat. Since I've left one end open, the flag stands slide in and out easily. I don't even have to take the boxes out of the car. I transport my flags like this with a cover on the container:

Attachments

• Flags in Box.jpg
    Flags in Box.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 368
I am currently using a baseball bat bag. It will hold six three foot poles and has a large side poket for extra tails, radios, etc. Also a shoulder strap for easy transport.

I bet Tbonz has an extra you could try!

FWIW,

Roy

Here is a

photo of my Stanley fat max.

The 53 lb rest I showed pics of earlier now gets strapped to the front of the tool box and gets dragged around.

The flag stands which are sheet music stands fit in the top compartment, and all the other items required at the bench fit through out the rest of the box. The flags themselves are in another plastic tool box which can get attached to the top of the Fat Max.

It works for now until I find the ultimate.

Attachments

• 2009_0207Image0020.jpg
    2009_0207Image0020.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 251
  • 2009_0207Image0021.jpg
    2009_0207Image0021.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 239
wind pole

look at a phot shop... the have the same type poles for lighting or even a duffle bag will work

I am currently using a baseball bat bag. It will hold six three foot poles and has a large side poket for extra tails, radios, etc. Also a shoulder strap for easy transport.

I bet Tbonz has an extra you could try!

FWIW,

Roy

You bet I do! Let me know if you want to try it out!

Jerry - I just use Adrian's flags - saves space in his trailer!

Tom

My poles are the kind you stick in the ground, not the tri-pod kind; I had an unsed soft rifle case for a SKS with zipper on one side, the poles fit perfect. For the flags I found a plastic storage bin at Office Depot, it's short, about the perfect depth to put the flags laying on their side, and has snap closures at the ends. Thanks, Douglas

Back