Feedback From The Tunnel

Gene what is the differences in group sizes between a standard BR rifle and a unlimited bench rifle?

Not much ! Most all use the same cartridge, the 6PPC. Many shooters shoot their heavy varmint bag gun in unlimited, but when it comes to ten shot groups, there is no question, the rail guns have the advantage. But as far as pure accuracy is concerned; no difference.

Gene Beggs

Gene: You are known to be a shooter who prefers light loads. 28.0 H322 seems like a fairly hot load in that small case. Did you happen to clock it?
Bryan

Bryan, the 28 grains of H322 Extreme that I was shooting last night showed an average muzzle velocity of 3320 fps from the 24 inch barrel. Yes, that's definitely a hot load, but it sure shot well and no problems with the cases.

Gene Beggs

It seems that the majority had a difficult time shooting those really small groups that seem to have become legend when speaking of that endevour. In fact, it seems that Virgil was one of the few to experienced those legendary "zeros" that were so touted.

Jackie, I've talked with Geraci several times about the Houston warehouse. He shot it in a few times and told me that he never shot a 'zero' group in it.

As for your comments on the 6Beggs, don't get disheartened. I've ordered a reamer and die and a barrel. Jerry Dailey wants to try it as well. In fact, Gene Beggs, if you're reading this send two sizing dies if you can. Jerry wants one.

Back to Jackie, on making the sleeve for your competition seater, is that much trouble? Did you make it out of a piece of barrel?
Thanks.

Mickey

No, I made it out of Stress Proof, which is a higher carbon sulphurized steel that machines great, and has a fantastic anti-gall quality. We use a lot of it around the shop.
The most difficult thing to do on the Redding Sleeve is boring the hole for the bullet seating stem. It has to be a very close fit. The one I used measured ,2435.
I did that end first, (after turning the OD to .6255), and then turned the piece around, indicated it dead true, and bored and reamed the sleeve with the Beggs Reamer.
What would make it easier is if you had a Redding die for an old 6x47, the one made from a 22Mag necked up to 6mm. All you would have to do then is chuck it up dead true, cut it to the correct length, and ream out the hole with the reamer to the correct depth. You would then cut the body of the die to the correct length as well.
I don't even know if Redding makes that die. But I bet Wilson does, or just buy a 6mm wilson blank........jackie

I'll take the sleeve out of my Competition die and duplicate it with the Beggs reamer. That should work. I don't have any Stress Proof but I do have something that will work, I think.

Gene, as Mickey mentioned

I want a sizer also. If you havent shipped his yet, please send him 2 and I will get it from him. What do you use for a seater? Thanks

Back