Favorite Songs....

I tend to like anything but rap. I've played guitar since I was about 12 or 13 and tend to appreciate anybody that is a master of their instrument. I like everything from Monte Montgomery, the Eagles, SRV, to Counting Crows, Old Crow Medicine Show, Vince Gill, Brad Paisley, and so on.

.....I like almost everything but Rap.....makes me want to vomit!!

Krauss & Union Station are a favorite but this song always picks me up when I'm down and takes me back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Xm3SykupD0

What floats your boat??

pf

The Blues...SRV....Rolling Stones....Muddy....Wolf...Elmore James...Jimmy Reed...Hound Dog Taylor....J. B. Hutto....and so on and so forth...

I play guitar and harmonica....

Last edited by a moderator:
Barry McGuire

Yeh, the old "Eve of Destruction". I think a guy named Barry Mcquire sung that. That and "In the Year 2525", remember that one.
Funny thing is, you could play them now, and they would be just as current.:rolleyes:
The more things change, the more things stay the same.
One that gets me is how "we" all complain about how kids dress. I can remember the girls in my High School having to walk by the height gage to see if their mini skirts were too short.
I, personally, could never see the problem.......jackie

You're right, Jackie, it was Barry McGuire. Some of the words still hold today which is true of many good songs or works of art; they are timeless.

Yeah, mini skirts and Nancy Sinatra in her 'Boots Were Made For Walking'.

Chino69

Best rock song ever is "Honky Tonk Women" by the Rolling Stones...

Anything by Ferrante & Teicher or 101 Strings. Vocal Michael Murphey.

For country, i was always fond Waylon, Willie, Merle Haggard, and Conway Twitty.

For rock it was the Eagles and Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Had some good times parking with them playing on the 8 track.:D

I was always fond Waylon, Willie, Merle Haggard, and Conway Twitty.
I'll go with Hank Williams....I can play any song he wrote.

There are certain songs I will never forget as I was growing up because they represented a sign of the times. Some of them are:
'Eve Of Destruction', 'Ballad Of The Green Berets', 'Blowing In The Wind', 'The Times They Are A'Changing', etc. Chino69

The song which for me brings back the strongest memories of the Vietnam War is "One" by Three Dog Night (1969). Gives me shivers whenever I hear it. I'd been married one year and left a one month old daughter to board the "Flying Tigers" 707 to Saigon by way of Anchorage. That song came out about about the time I was getting really homesick.

The song which for me brings back the strongest memories of the Vietnam War is "One" by Three Dog Night (1969).

I was leaving the supermarket a few months ago when it was cold and windy. I passed another guy in a diesel truck and we chatted on the way out about diesels. As I said goodbye, I added, "Man this is going to be a 'Three Dog Night!" He stopped dead, turned around and looked at me and said, "Is that what their name means? You mean it's so cold you need three dogs to stay warm? They're my favorite group and I never knew that!" :D

favorite songs

Bob Wills is still the King. Faded Love, San Antonio Rose. As he said -his music made you want to fight or ----.

Bob Wills is still the King. Faded Love, San Antonio Rose. As he said -his music made you want to fight or ----.

Some say that song was written as a joke and Willie Nelson doesn't care much for Bob Wills and Western Swing.....

Pardon the resurrection, I just noticed this was an old thread. But I can't sleep and I'm bored so I'll add to it anyway.

Fav songs:

Led Zep---In my time of dying, Kashmir, No quarter
Rush----2112, The Necromancer/fountain of Lamneth, La villa Strongiato
Pink Floyd----Comfortably numb, Sorrow, Wish you were here
Lynryd Skynyrd-----Simple man, All I can do is write about it
ZZtop------Brown Sugar, Sure got cold after the rain fell
Rolling Stones-----Sympathy for the Devil, Monkey man, Paint it black
AC/DC------It's a long way to the top if you wanna rock n roll, and the whole damn Back in Black album!

Last edited:
No cuntry--rap- or disco

The truly greats CCR, Boston,AC-DC,Journey

Did I mention NO CUNTRY They all sound like they have a Close Pin on ther NOSE - Rap, When is VULGARITY considered MUSIC !!!

Disco --OH NO !!

Jim

Allison, Martina, Jewel, Enya, ZZ Top, Black Sabbath, Nazerath, AC/DC, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Merle, Waylon, Willie, ooooh and Wolf howls. The best for last Nitty Gritty Dirt Band The whole Dirt Silver & Gold (3 album set) Ripplin Waters best song

Last edited:
Back