Eley Match Price Increase

Dave S

NRA Benefactor Member
I see it didn't take Eley long to jump up the price of the Eley Match.. Effective tomorrow the price increases 11% to $13.30 a box if you buy a case and $13.70 a box for less than 100 boxes..

Free enterprise... don't ya' love it...

Dave

Well when they get to $20/box it might stay on the shelf long enough to actually be seen, maybe even leave a mark in gathering dust.

My guess

Is the price increase is because they can. We are still buying gobs of gas at 3.799 vs. 2.00. People will drive and will shoot.

The real bummer is that soon they will also be dumping the Team into the black boxes. You would think that the price of the black box should go down by doing that. Team that was $10.75 put into a different color box now $13.70. A wee bit more than a 10% price increase.

Does anybody know if the red box is also going up?

I tested 5 lots of Match recently and found 3 good ones out of the 5, this after much of the recent shipment had been picked through. Only one of those three lots was still left by the time I tested BUT, it happened to be the best of the three so I am happy, at this point. It seems to me there must have been some pretty dern good ammo in this last shipment. Perhaps the price increase reflects future quality improvement? Sadly, I didn't have the dough to buy all that was left of the lot I was able to get some of :(

Last edited:
Still cheaper than we get in Aus, also how does this price compare to RWS & Lapua etc and of course how does the price and the results marry up ?

I recently

Still cheaper than we get in Aus, also how does this price compare to RWS & Lapua etc and of course how does the price and the results marry up ?

Bought a quantity of RWS R50 for about 14.90 a box. However, I don't shoot it in modern match rifles, but in my rem 37 and win 52. I find it shOots very well in these rifles. The problem with this brand may be the lack of lot variations to test compared with Eley and lapua.

IMHO free enterprise is a lot better than the alternative. As stated above, people are still buying gasoline. They will continue to buy ammo. Both will stop when price get too high, and then they will go down.

Generally

IMHO free enterprise is a lot better than the alternative. As stated above, people are still buying gasoline. They will continue to buy ammo. Both will stop when price get too high, and then they will go down.

I agree with you. However, regarding gasoline, US consumption is down and the way oil companies seem to be compensating is raising the price. That may be ok if you are in a VW TDI or Prius, but if you need a family sized vehicle you are in a tough spot. And us consumers buying goods shipped by truck or shipping packages, well we will continue to see those cost escalate right along with the price of fuel. It's up twenty cents a gallon in the last two weeks in my neck of the woods...now really!

And us consumers buying goods shipped by truck or shipping packages, well we will continue to see those cost escalate right along with the price of fuel.

I shipped 4 bricks via UPS ground last week it cost me $46.00! The post office has raised prices in the last three weeks, and is stopping delivery on Saturdays. Nothing like price increases on everything while our economy plummets.

Precision Hunter

Shipping Cost

I just received 4 bricks from Zanders, and the UPS charge was less than $20.00

Note:
Went back and check the package, and it was UPS.

Last edited:
Usps

I shipped 4 bricks via UPS ground last week it cost me $46.00! The post office has raised prices in the last three weeks, and is stopping delivery on Saturdays. Nothing like price increases on everything while our economy plummets.

Precision Hunter

Will not ship loaded ammo...knowingly. Best to follow their rules!

Will not ship loaded ammo...knowingly. Best to follow their rules!

If you will take another look at my post you will see it says UPS.

Fred J,

If you have a business account with FedEx or UPS and ship large volumes of product you receive large discounts.

Precision Hunter

Precision Hunter

That doesn't sound right. Should be about $20-$22...

I just received 4 bricks from Zanders, and the UPS charge was less than $20.00

Note:
Went back and check the package, and it was UPS.

The case I received last week cost $51.00 in shipping charges. Of course, I couldn't drive to Zanders and back for that :)

LOL, looks like quality ammo is one of my better investments. My wife and I stopped competing in 2005. I have many, many bricks of some excellent stuff that has been stored properly all these years. I have Federal 900 (last of the excellent Lots), same with Federal Gold Match, and some top notch Eley Ultimate EPS lots.

Its gone up like silver and gold so it seems. I've never tried to sell it for just that reason. I figured it would always be better than money for bartering in hard times.

btw; I haven't been on this website in years. Is Bob still selling Eley? What is the average price for the best Eley and Lapua these days?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back