eley/lapua why eley works

M

martin hammond

this is simple folks. how can lapua make ammo that has tighter fps variance than eley yet eley out groups lapua? once we start tuning with the barrel cycling downward, eley which generally tests lower the barrel and rifle match. lapua which generally is a little hotter is counter to the overwight barrel vibrating downward. it is the tuner that causes the rifle to not like what in any sporter or match rifle without a tuner would favor lapua. it's that simple, want to shoot lapua well???? stop bogging down the end of your rifles.

Please reply to the restart thread so it will stick around,,,

Wonder who is responsible for the design of the Eley EPS bullet? Any improvements Marty that you think would make Lupua as competitive, extra driving band,wad cutter projectile,or just take your tuners off, Charlie you need hear this!!

it's fairly obvious that bench shooting with a tuner is the only venue where 99.999% eley outshoots lapua. how can lapua midas + in all my regular hunting sporters, all my match rifles outshoot shoot eley??? yet when you put a tuner on eley out shoots midas+.

it's fairly obvious that bench shooting with a tuner is the only venue where 99.999% eley outshoots lapua. how can lapua midas + in all my regular hunting sporters, all my match rifles outshoot shoot eley??? yet when you put a tuner on eley out shoots midas+.

What statistical evidence do you have to support your concluson? Any?

DSCN1351.jpg folks, the usbr target was shot 9-16 no tuner, the ir target was shot on 9-17 at fairchance with a tuner. both were shot with midas+ it took me quite awhile to understand what was happening. check out the last match at ft. hand, Marc coleman shot the same lot of midas and he shot extremely well. I now fully understand what was happening. the ir 50 target was a 250, 12x the usbr target I believe would have been a 17x

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not know if Martin is right or not. However, all 4 of my best sporters consistently shoot better with Lapua than Eley. Never tried to analyze it. Guess the next step for me is to shoot some Lapua through my 2013 which has a sporter profile barrel.

Don, we are supposed to make these rifles shoot better by the things we do, this summer I found we are making these rifles do the opposite.

Wonder if there is a connection?

Howdy,
I am trying to learn as much as I can. There are some bits of information in this quote from Martin that jump out at me. Lemme see here,

1. Bench shooting

2. With a tuner (some would call it a muzzle device)

3. 99.999% eley outshoots lapua

4. yet when you put a tuner (some would call it a muzzle device) on eley out shoots midas+

I seem to remember having read somewhere..........
Something about these bits of info seem to make a connection somewhere........
It is almost like they are connected to a person........
That person may have made a suggestion to Eley.......

I know there is a connection in there somewhere......it's fairly obvious, as Martin started off in that sentence.

Will Martin still say this "yet when you put a tuner on eley out shoots midas+" when he connects the dots? Or will he start automatically disagreeing?

Or, if someone says something with which he disagrees, and he finds it difficult or impossible to answer, will he just delete the whole thread................AGAIN?

Greg

404 does your friend have actual documentation showing that eley actually conferred
with him? or is it just something he posted online? and also when the browning people
(who patented the boss system) do their video on the boss they call it tuning the rifle
for the load.

Last edited by a moderator:
Greg, will I delete the thread??? maybe.......................

We should have a postal format for peeing contests

This discussion is ridiculous. I have shot Eley Tenex Red Box Eley Match Black Box and Lapua Midas and Center X... The Lot of Center X put the Tenex and Match to shame. It is all about the Lot and not the Tuners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had the same Tuner on the Rifle for all the above ammo!!!!!!The variables are endless.........
The Lot of Center X shot one hole groups

This discussion is ridiculous. I have shot Eley Tenex Red Box Eley Match Black Box and Lapua Midas and Center X... The Lot of Center X put the Tenex and Match to shame. It is all about the Lot and not the Tuners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had the same Tuner on the Rifle for all the above ammo!!!!!!The variables are endless.........
The Lot of Center X shot one hole groups!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike
Mike, what is your rig set up, type of tuner barrel/stock etc. Mike read exactly what I said. lapua with a tighter fps readings not shooting tighter groups than eley with a wider fps, if this makes sense to you fine, it does not make sense to me. everyone that I tuned their rifles for recieved a packet, within that packet was targets shot without a tuner, guess what ammo produced the tightest groups?

Back