East Coast Regional Championship at Salem, NY Aug. 4-5

Renegade

East Coast Regional Championship at Salem, NY Aug. 4-5, Update

The Salem Pistol and Rifle Club in Upstate NY will be hosting the East Coast Regional Air Rifle Benchrest Championship on Aug. 4-5.
As this is the first time we've run a match like this, the following is subject to change, open for discussion and suggestions! Let me know what you think.
The range will be open for practice on Friday, Aug. 3 from at least noon till dusk. On Sat., Aug. 4 we will start off with LV class. Registration will begin at 7:30am and we'll commence fire at 9am. Following the LV match, we will shoot HV class. Preferences will be given to LV and HV shooters at these two matches, with any empty benches available for Springer, Prod., Open, and UL shooters. Trophies will be awarded for the top three places in LV and HV, as well as the top three combined LV and HV aggs. If time permits, we'll have some fun after the serious matches, moving the targets back to 50 yards or even 50 meters to take a whack at the WRABF 50M Rimfire target.

On Sun. Aug. 5 we will shoot the World Postal match in the AM, registration to begin at 7:30am and the match starting at 9am. LV or HV rifles can shoot in this match. We will run two relays if necessary to allow sharing of rifles so that everyone has a chance to compete in the World Postal. Trophies will be awarded to the top 3 finishers.

Sunday afternoon we will shoot Open Class. Lower power rifles can also shoot against the big rigs in this match, again trophies will be awarded for the top three finishers

Bring your appetites, as we'll be pigging out, literally, all weekend

We hope to have some pretty decent door prize drawings.

The Salem P & R club has 16 concrete benches plus covered areas for cleaning behind the firing line. We are located one hour north of Albany, NY, 3 miles from VT. For anyone traveling to the area and wishing to spend more time in the area, we are just 30 miles from Saratoga Springs and the thoroughbred horse race season will be in full swing. Lake George, a popular vacation spot is also nearby, as well as picturesque Vermont.

There are two small motels in Cambridge, NY, about 10 miles south of the range. They are the Peace Be Still Motor Inn, 866-477-3223 and the Blue Willow Motel, 518-677-3552. It might be a good idea to book early if you are planning to attend.

Please feel free to contact me at TKBanks98@aol.com, 518-796-0768 or through private message here with any questions you might have or to let me know you are planning to attend.
Todd Banks

Last edited:
Todd,

Sounds like a great weekend, especially if we can convince TomB to haul his cooker over just to add to the food selection!

Dave

Tom and I were talking about it today. He was wondering if folks would like a pig roasted. He may bring his motor home and wife as well.
Todd, would he be able to camp out at the range in his motor home? I'm trying to get him to attend the shoot Saturday.
Dan
smoker_bill_card.jpg

Todd,

Sounds like a great weekend, especially if we can convince TomB to haul his cooker over just to add to the food selection!

Dave

Dan,
Tom, his wife, and anybody else that wants to camp at the range are definitely welcome to do so! We don't have any hookups but can run a lead cord or two for 110v power. I may even haul my camper to the range to hang out! Tell Tom he has to come shoot at Pinnacle on Sat. so we can talk pig! He can shoot one of my guns if he wants.
Todd

I've had a couple of requests for GPS info for the range, so here it is...the range doesn't actually have an address, but the house across the street is 429 Black Creek Rd., Salem, NY 12865. Please feel free to contact me with any questions, or post them here.
Todd

Hey Todd, I just realized that Tom's number is in the photo above. Feel free to call him sometime to discuss fixins for the shoot.
Dan

GOOD to see your WRABF WORLD Postals starting to kick off, how many more matches do u guys have set for it in the USA ?

Dan, I'll give Tom a call soon. Bill, I think there are two other matches scheduled to shoot the WRABF Postal, one in Oregon and the other in California. I wish it was possible for us all to shoot together at one venue but the distances involved make that difficult.

I just got off the phone with Tom and I'm happy to announce that everyone will have to bring along their appetite. He'll be bringing the smoker and we are definitely going to pig out at the East Coast Regional!

Correct me if I'm wrong Todd, but if I wanted to shoot LV, HV, and open class I wouldn't be able to? Is Sunday only for the postal? I would prefer to shoot a third or fourth class rather than the postal, just my 2 cents.
Dan

Hi Dan you can shoot open Sunday afternoon , after the AM postal . Me thinks give me a call if you can Rick

Dan, Rick is correct, you will be able to shoot Open Class Sunday afternoon. I doubt we'll fill all the benches for the Postal, so if you really wanted to, you could shoot Open then, too. We'd rather have you on the Postal Team, though!
Todd

Todd & Rick,
I plan to shoot both days and will be coming from Maine. I don't think I will make it to shoot Fri. Will have two tanks at 4500 and 4 or 5 guns for loaners.
Do you want $$ for the matches now?

You have a table at the CT Airgun show next week end? Will you be their Sat and Sun ?

Paul

Paul,
We will be at the CT Airgun show both days. I'm not going to bother with pre-registration at this point.
See you this weekend!
Todd

How about a show of hands from those that plan on attending. I'll be there as well as the kid.
Dan

Back