Don't want to leave out group shooters....

ScottD

If I shoot the small group in a match ....but on my neighbors target....do I still win the small group award?

Sorry....I just had to do it.

Good question

:D You got a point, but wouldnt that be analogues to that if own goals were counted when awarding the top goalscorer of the year in socker ?

The bad news is NO, you won't win small group, because of the added penalty.

The good news is that if you put it in the center fo the mothball there will be an "-1X" after the 1._ _ _ listed in the match report.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself either.:D

-Dave-:)

If you had presented your "OH S#IT" card to the range officer he would have punched it for you. :rolleyes:

Ray

there was a US guy in the Olympics that did that this year or 04 with a .22and it cost him the gold. i think it was 04 that he did that, but this year he had it in the bag and blew it on the final shot

That target would have had 10 bullets pass through the same group, if your neighbor didn't notice your crossfire.....

If it was truly the small group of the match, nice shooting!!!!!

I can't help it. The other day I was out at the range and there were quite a few shooters there. My 16 yr-old son was shooting our new 6BR build. The guy to his left was shooting a Savage with a bi-pod. Well, we have a 36x scope on the 6BR so you know what the field of view is at 100yds. The guy to the left was spraying holes all over his target. On my son's very first shot, he got messed up on what bench number he was sitting at. Well he took a shot. I didn't see it on the target through the spotting scope. The guy to his left was staring for a long time through his scope, then he turned to my son and said "Hey dude, I think you shot my target". I moved my spotting scope over to the guys target. There in the absolute, without deviation, DEAD center was a hole. My son turned back and looked at me, puzzled, then broke out laughing. I did too. We both understood that that was probably the best target that the guy next to him would ever see. The guy chuckled too.

After that, on the way home, I did have a quick discussion with my son that it is imperative that you know absolutely where you are shooting. Although we don't hunt and just punch paper, KNOW what you are lined up on.

cwood3

Back