Dillon D-Terminator Electronic Scale experience???

Boyd Allen

I am thinking of buying an electronic scale for use at home and at the range. I just want something that is reliable at the .1 gr. level of accuracy. I have tried several scales, that belong to friends, and so far, the one that is a part of the Chargemaster seems to do the best job, but I am looking for something that is battery powered. In looking around on the internet, I have come across favorable reports on the Dillon D-Terminator. What do you know about this scale?

Best digital reloading scale for many years, and very hard to find. Keep in mind that the 'NEW DILLON D-TERMINATOR' is no more than a cheap knock-off of the original. Not the same animal.

But these days I use the CM1500, as it's as good as the original Dillon in every respect.
If you decide you want the real deal Dillon, I'd part with mine cheap.

i have one(older)...it driffs off zero easy...cause's one to re-scale stuff.

good enough for brass sorting and cast bullet sorting, but not what i would use in br.

mike in co

I have had mine for awhile and it malfunctioned and was replace by Dillon. Both of them would drift.

Dillon

I have had my Dillon for about 4 years now. I use batteries and it seems to lessen the drift. Someone told me about always hit the zero button before I pour in the powder and it seems to help a lot. Wanted a better scale to measure out to .01 grain but Denver instrument does not sell a battery powered 15 volt 100 milliamp battery supply. I was advised against trying to use in a typical loading shed where there are 5 foot fans in the summer for cooling. I took the advice.
My Dillon works very well as I check each charge thrown from my Harrell measure to double check. From what I saw at the Nationals the RCBS works very very well. If you are loading in your mobil home where you can control the breeeze get the Acculab or Denver Instrument.
Centerfire

I have one

using batteries, it drifts so bad I have to rezero every weight. I like the Tanita 1210 much better.

Back