CZ 452 triggers

L

longrifle

Could use some advice for those who have tinkered with the triggers on their .22 rimfire cz452's. I have the 452 Lux and am looking to lighten the trigger pull (to 2lbs is fine) and get a clean break. My options are;

- Adjustable sear with spring from Automation Solutions
- Rifle trigger from rifle Basix
- Trigger assembly from Timney

Any experience with these? How did they turn out?

Thanks.

Longrifle

A 2 lb. trigger is very easy to get with the original CZ trigger. There are many ways to accomplish this. I would suggest you go to www.rimfirecentral.com and check the CZ thread. An after market trigger IMHO is not needed.

I did the adjustable sear.........................

and it was a BEAR, because I'd never done one before. If you haven't, I'd suggest getting a few of those balls from CZ/USA, as they can go zinging across the shop veeeeewy easawbwy, never to be found, until you are finished and the rifle is gone. :mad::mad:

Another thing I found handy, and I know there are better things, but, this is what I had handy.
It is recommended that one "lubricate" the ball & spring w/Vaseline, to keep the ball from departing when you lose it. (reduction of SPROING-Y ness :eek:) I have found a small bladed screwdriver to push the ball & spring into the detent hole, but I lubed it w/"Bag-Balm". Its thicker, and actually kept the ball from going more than about 6-8" after slipping by.:D:D :cool:

There is another pin you use on the sear, and you may have to polish the holes it goes through on the rifle to get a good fit. And I did find their pointed pin(to get you in the holes faster), needed to be polished down in the drillpress w/some paper. But it all turned out to a first-class job. Its just that when you start, you'll think you need the hands of a Thai Goddess..............but don't give up, its possible, and I found the initial frustration was minimal after I got it in and adjusted.

Now that I have at least one done, I wouldn't hesitate to do another, the adjustment to the sear can give a spectacular let-off. It appears very well done, limits the engagement, a fine job, really. The guy that owned the rifle likes it very well. HTH;)

I think I'm going to take a systematic approach on this. Start with a lower resistant spring see how it shoots, then think about the adjustable sear and maybe a replacement trigger.

I spent some time with the cz last night and it's not gritty, just really heavy pull with some overtravel.

Thanks for the info on changing out the sear. That was helpful!

I put a Rifle Basix in my CZ452 silhouette rifle a couple years back and am very happy with it. Adjusting is easy and it has a solid consistent pull.

The Rifle Basic trigger is a very good trigger and is easily installed and adjusted. You can purchase the trigger on line from them for about $85.00.

RB trigger

+2... and they are adjustable w/o taking the rifle down. Mine are limited to about a 16oz pull (to pass the bump test).

+2... and they are adjustable w/o taking the rifle down. Mine are limited to about a 16oz pull (to pass the bump test).

Where can I get a replacement trigger for my CZ-452 that will allow me to safely get my trigger pull down to 2 to 3 ounces? Any help would be appreciated. Mudd Turtle.

Before you buy a "drop in trigger". Make sure the pins that hold in the assembly will drift out. My 452 had one of the pins with a key inserted. I broke 2 bits drilling it out, enlarged the hole, had to weld it up and re-drill. After all that I didn't like the Rifle Basic trigger so I bought a Savage!

Al Kunard

The kit that Travelor mention ubove is the same kit as Yo-Dave sell's and it is great...I have 4 CZ 452 and use them on all four...they have taken the creep out and and I have reduced the trigger pull below 1#...but you have four spring and the ability to adjust each for the feel you like...the kits are very easy to install (good instruction come with it and their are several very good YouTube videos on line showing how to install the kits...search cz 452 trigger kits and you will see them)

They are the best things for $15 I have ever bought for my guns...good luck.

John

My 452 Varmint has a Brooks kit (predecessor to the Yo Dave, but same thing) and it sits at 12 oz. It's about a 15-30 minute job to install it, do all the safety checks, etc.

Yep, go the Yodave or equivalent. Saves mucking around with inletting and only a fraction of the cost of some of the other options

Where can I get a replacement trigger for my CZ-452 that will allow me to safely get my trigger pull down to 2 to 3 ounces? Any help would be appreciated. Mudd Turtle.
CZ5.jpg

John Langley 704-532-5387 2oz trigger for CZ 452
CZ1.jpg

Thanks for the information. If my new rifle shows any promise, I will probably have to try for one. All I do is bench shoot now and a true 2-3 oz. trigger would be a joy to have.

What is John langley's address. I have not been able to contact him by phone. Where did you get the trigger guard you have on your rifle , looks like a good replacement for the factory trigger guard. The stock you have is a Don Stith stock -right. Thanks for your reply and help. mudd turtle.

Back