Crawfish Shoot--Florida State 3-gun Championship

Crawfish Shoot

Pete, if you find him, tell him to come shoot with us! Pepper, glad you're gonna make it with the crew in tow, we'll make room for all. The weather looks like it's gonna cooperate so we should have a good weekend. From the sounds of things we are gonna have some of the heavy hitters down, right now the states that will be represented are, Al, Ga, SC, NC, Va, Tn, Ky. AR, IN, IL, Wi, and Fl. We will also have a couple of Newlyweds here so come on down and help them celebrate their future. Renegade can't make it, but he sent a small token for each of the shooters and I think you'll enjoy them. Anyway, come on down and enjoy a weekend of good shooting and good fun with a great group. The accident just slowed things down, but didn't stop anything, see ya in a couple of days. Thumper!

Coming South for the Crawfish

Bill,
I'll be there - who wants to go north when it could snow on you? Jacksonville is beautiful this time of year and the food is Great. Just follow Gary Mitchell and Mike Cameron to the best seafood places in the state.
Bob Collins

Wish I could be there....

One of the things I miss most about shooting RF is the Crawfish and seeing everyone for the first time each Spring. Good luck to all!
Todd

Pete, if you find him, tell him to come shoot with us! Pepper, glad you're gonna make it with the crew in tow, we'll make room for all. The weather looks like it's gonna cooperate so we should have a good weekend. From the sounds of things we are gonna have some of the heavy hitters down, right now the states that will be represented are, Al, Ga, SC, NC, Va, Tn, Ky. AR, IN, IL, Wi, and Fl. We will also have a couple of Newlyweds here so come on down and help them celebrate their future. Renegade can't make it, but he sent a small token for each of the shooters and I think you'll enjoy them. Anyway, come on down and enjoy a weekend of good shooting and good fun with a great group. The accident just slowed things down, but didn't stop anything, see ya in a couple of days. Thumper!

Hey Bill, You need to put Maine (Me) in your list of State :). No luck on the ghost yet. We got close in White Spring this afternoon but he had left the building. We are going to look tomorrow @ Obediah's place and on Cowhouse Island. If we don't find him there, we'll probably give up :)

Coming South

It looks like Georgia will be sending several shooters to the Crawfish. Three Northern shooters showed up for last Saturdays match and showed us how to shoot Macon County’s fickle wind. Keith Lovan shot a 749 with a 250 18X Sporter and Bob Barnhart polished us off with his 2 groove Benchmark in the Unlimited match. He told me it has about 170,000 rounds through it and it’s not giving up yet – he shot two 250’s in the Unlimited. If Keith keeps it up it will be a runaway match for him at the Crawfish and we all would be in trouble if Bob Barnhart borrowed a good Sporter.

Additional information. RWS has placed a new round on their web site – R50 SC. Its case has been shorten to (.596 approximately – like Eley’s) I was testing it here last year an it made a positive impression with several shooters. Another addition is a dimpled RWS stamped in the brass like the old Federal or Olympia. I also know that Lapua is working on several improvements and can’t wait until the latest shipment arrives to check them out next week. We need a little competition from our manufactories for our dollar and it looks like it has begun.
Looks like a great Crawfish to start 2013.
Bob Collins
http://rws-munition.de/en/sports/products/rimfire-cartridges.html#!7/860/0

Bob,

I like to shoot older rimfires...40X, 37,52...and use R50 in them. I have one 37 that won't shoot it but all the others just love it. It seems very consistent. The per box price by the case is very attractive for top end ammo. I hope they don't follow Eleys lead on pricing!! Greg

The CrawFish - a Rimfire Tradition

I plan on getting down to the range tomorrow afternoon to claim my camping spot!
(Think Night Watchman who sleeps soundly)
If anyone comes late after the range is closed just come & find me & I will open up the gate for you. If after 21:00 you might have to wake me up but I will not mind!! - but the Ice-cream might be melted or gone by that time! :(:(
Friday morning I will have the coffee going a little after 06:00 so come on by!
However probably forget about any practice before 08:00.

Thumper,
Dave, Dexter and I should arrive Friday afternoon Look forward to seeingg you then. Jim

Pepper.............Hundo a target ........Bring Cash $$$$$$$$$$$

Jim

PS You can't beat me with my sporter .......... +0)

Mr. Collins ;you better keep an eye on that Barnhart! I think you could give him a Red Rider BB gun and he would be competitive in the sporter class! Wish we could be there:)

Mike.

They should already be 5 to 1. Why don't you come on down and shoot with us Gordon? We could gang up on the little dude.

They should already be 5 to 1. Why don't you come on down and shoot with us Gordon? We could gang up on the little dude.

Hey Gordon,

If you and Mel show up Clemmie said she would find you guys some more fried green tomatotes .

Pepper,

With this Pepper Tuna thing , I was wondering if I could hold the money .

- Clint

Pepper
Sure wish i could be there. I could ding him up and you could WOOP him. Let me know later today and i may change the odds. The betting up here is going crazy.

Clint
That Fish Joint had real good food. Can't make this one but Clemmie might want to see if Kettlefoot has some in the fall.
Hope all is well with you and Clemmie, Have a Great Weekend and keep Pepper and Tuna straight.

Gordon
I would really hate to beat Tuna with his own gun.

Pepper Tuna Odds

Just got word from Jacksonville. New odds. Old Fart 6 The Kid 1

Good luck to all the shooters. Hope you have a Great Match.
Gordon

Just got word from Jacksonville. New odds. Old Fart 6 The Kid 1

Good luck to all the shooters. Hope you have a Great Match.
Gordon

6 to 1 against Grampa ? Are those Vegas odds or Bristol odds ? Funny Pepper asked if he could borrow some of my ammo =) No Way........

We are on bench 11 and 12 shoulder to shoulder . I hope he like some Zepplin and Sabbath .........

Back