Crawfish Invitational - Tomball, TX Question

P

ptd

Having only ever shot the local "Club" matches here in Tomball under Jackie in a "Varmint for Score" format - what exactly is the course of fire for the NBRSA Crawfish Invitational event?

I have the PDF up from the NBRSA website, and as best I can tell it appears to be a "group" shooting event where at a minimum I will be shooting 5 matches with 5 shots that count in each match - each day. I take it that during each match, excluding sighters, the 5 shots will be on a single target for a record "group" that will be measured? and not 5 individual targets on the sheet like VFS that are somehow plotted and calculated after? Also is there a warm up match at all? Or just straight into record with just sighters?

Just thought I'd ask as my eyes are getting glazed over reading this and that out of the PDF....

-pd

In the past there was 5-5shot groups in LV and 5-5shot groups in HV shot on Sat at 100 yards and on Sun there will be 5-5shot groups in HV, then 5-5shot groups in LV at 200 yards. You are allowed as many sighters as you want in the time period allowed. (7 minutes for all matches except the first one in each division..which has 10 minutes) Good shooting...James Mock

Ptd

As Mr. Mock stated above is exactly how we will be running the match.
Saturday all 100 yds. LV & HV start time 9 am.
Sunday all 200 yds. LV & HV start time 8 am.
The range will be open on Friday for practice.
We hope to see you there.

Thanks Richard

Thanks everyone for your answers, looks like I read the rules correctly. I look forward to the match as it will be my first non club match in the BR arena, and the first time I have ever shot the rifle in a group format. Sounds fun!

-pd

This is a NBRSA Registered Match, so if you are not already a member of the NBRSA, you will have to join.

I think you can still do that at registration on match day.

Membership application submitted online, errored out on me due to a permission on the hosting web server during a mail function. Hopefully it goes through without issue, see you guys out there.

-pd

If the online membership application didn't go through, you can join at the match when you register.

It appears to have gone through, I received email confirmation a bit later with a receipt attached

-pd

Back