Constant bickering and "score keeping"

i've been on here some days when there's no arguing,
also only maybe a dozen posts the whole day.kinda boring.
arguing and debating some issues also bring some people's
ideas out who would normally just watch. i think alot of
people are afraid of posting because of the close scrutiny
everything they write comes under. let's be truthful, we
usually know the point someone's trying to get across. if
an issue should be made here, it should be the spelling and
english errors. but who am i to pick about that, i'm as bad
as everyone else.

Nope, Tom, that was decided many years ago. I made that mistake...once. Spelling and English criticism (GSP as I like to say) is taboo. Take for what it is, and if you can't intepret it, just do the best you can.

By the way, I think you missed an Oxford comma in one of your posts several days ago.

??????

Nope, Tom, that was decided many years ago. I made that mistake...once. Spelling and English criticism (GSP as I like to say) is taboo. Take for what it is, and if you can't intepret it, just do the best you can.

By the way, I think you missed an Oxford comma in one of your posts several days ago.

I sit here trying to figure out what a "oxford comma" is, then I realized it probably won't help me get another 25 points on a ARA target so it is probably not important (to me).

thank you mr. beau, since it is an optional comma i chose not to use it.
according to "Ask Oxford"
The 'Oxford comma' is an optional comma before the
word 'and' at the end of a list.
ex. We sell books, videos, and magazines.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom c, as we say here, we ain't goina get a straight answer no how, no way.

guess i'm not worthy.
i could probably put in an appeal through
the high priest beau.

"You know you could probably call Bill Calfee and he would talk to you...if you're deemed worthy."

guess i'm not worthy.
i could probably put in an appeal through
the high priest beau.

Don't feel too bad Tom, I own three Calfee built guns and just recently tried to establish phone contact with Him with out success. Guess I'm not "worthy" either. :confused:

3 guns? i thought that would be like having automatic
worthiness? like 3 i'm worthy enough to see mr. bill cards.
maybe if you bribed beaufort hp.

Last edited by a moderator:
I sit here trying to figure out what a "oxford comma" is, then I realized it probably won't help me get another 25 points on a ARA target so it is probably not important (to me).

Probably not. But for example : I saw three buddies drinking in the bar. It was James Pappas, Lynn, and Bill Calfee. The comma after Lynn is the Oxford. It's supposed to be optional, but it never came down that way to me if I missed one.

thank you mr. beau, since it is an optional comma i chose not to use it.
according to "Ask Oxford"
The 'Oxford comma' is an optional comma before the
word 'and' at the end of a list.
ex. We sell books, videos, and magazines.

Tom, you could have changed it instead of getting it right off the internet site. But I stand corrected. Your option not to use it was correct. I guess. You don't get that often.

3 guns? i thought that would be like having automatic
worthiness? like 3 i'm worthy enough to see mr. bill cards.
maybe if you bribed beauregard hp.

Nope, no such thing as "automatic worthiness". Then I sent a fax. I finally did establish contact through His mouthpiece. Then I got a snail-mail from Him. :eek:

See the way it goes Wilbur? It just can't be avoided unless that big DELEAT button is used by the chief deleter. :D

hey marty the scores for 9/20/2009 fgc are posted now.
thank you wilbur.

G'day

I would like to start by saying ,"I think we are all a little bit crazy".
I have lurked around this Forum for awhile now, and the reason I visit here is to learn and further my knowledge of this wonderful sport of shooting.
I believe that in a sport like shooting ,facts ,and results are what really matter in the end.Opinions are just opinions, discussion 's are just discussion's and you guy's who always disagree with each other are just banging your head against a brick wall.Do you really think and believe your posts will suddenly and permanently change your opponents thinking and point of view.
If I may use Bill Calfee as an example, from my limited knowledge, he seems to be a different sort of character but his actions seem to speak louder than words.
He seems to be always thinking and experimenting trying to achieve a result better than was attained yesterday.He then makes most of this information available ( in a sometimes hard to understand way) to all who wish to listen.Why would anyone be critical of free good advice.
If someone disagrees with this free educated advice a logical educated course of action would be to discredit it ,with evidence of their own experiments and achievements( of which I have seen little evidence of).
I suppose I am saying let facts and achievements be the main topic of discussion and unsubstantiated opinion and hearsay shown the back door.

Thankyou for your time

harro
WELL SAID Mate"" garrisone.

Nope, no such thing as "automatic worthiness". Then I sent a fax. I finally did establish contact through His mouthpiece. Then I got a snail-mail from Him. :eek:

See the way it goes Wilbur? It just can't be avoided unless that big DELEAT button is used by the chief deleter. :D

Could be if you weren't just over here bitchin' about the business practices of a gunsmith. He did answer you. Did you get the answer you wanted?

Maybe Wilbur just needs to start a "bickering and scorekeeping" post every so often. This one is the worst I've seen in a while. You know, it's like a fire. If you can't put it out, just contain it.

like 3 bickerin' threads and you're outta here?
where would you go beau?

when science shows your wrong, what's left but to lash out. just like the chunky school kid that places the toad in the girls desk. the butterball has no idea what the girl is afraid of, but he's afraid of everything so he thinks the girl will be afraid of toads. so it's pretty obvious who has what fears just look at who posts the darts and you pretty much can tell those that live in constant fear. must be hell to live like that.

Why does it have to be the "chunky school kid"?
Are kids who are overweight genetically predisposition to cowardice and abhorrent behavior? Cannot thin, or athletic looking kids behave in a similar manner and if they do is their bad behavior blamed on the "butterball"? Leaving the more "normal kids" to move forward in success while the "chunky kid" lives out his life in the shadow and misery of his childhood failures?
Ted

Back