Cleaning the rimfire....How much is enough ?

Exactly

Clean it every card or two, makes no difference about type of bbl, use a good rod, bronze brush and rimfire solvent.
Pretty easy.

Agree 100% I have a custom and several Win52s and 40Xs all of which shoot better clean. When a rifle shoots better dirty, there is usually a barrel issue. With these older target rifles it is usually a pitted barrel. The more its shot, the more the pits fill in, this will calm down the erratic behavior, but it will still not shoot to any kind of BR standard. JMO

agree 100% i have a custom and several win52s and 40xs all of which shoot better clean. When a rifle shoots better dirty, there is usually a barrel issue. With these older target rifles it is usually a pitted barrel. The more its shot, the more the pits fill in, this will calm down the erratic behavior, but it will still not shoot to any kind of br standard. Jmo
some yrs ago i was in canada and went in a under ground 22 rimfire range for testing difernt lots the ower had so many olimpic trophys you couldnt count them he told me he had never cleaedit ad had over 1 million rds.

some yrs ago i was in canada and went in a under ground 22 rimfire range for testing difernt lots the ower had so many olimpic trophys you couldnt count them he told me he had never cleaedit ad had over 1 million rds.

Billy, it’s not 1980 any more, rarely does a gun that wins anything not get cleaned on a pretty regular basis.

billy, it’s not 1980 any more, rarely does a gun that wins anything not get cleaned on a pretty regular basis.
thanks bill what dpo you know about chambering [ chambered using empy case when it gt tight i went a little further is that alright.

When I shot air rifle BR, I cleaned after every card. On patch wet with Ballistol and 4 dry. Then shoot at least 5 sighters to season the bore. I'm assuming rimfire requires the same.

Back