check this out

T

tpende

Check this 500yd 4 shot group out. from a BONE stock remington XCR compact .308 With a 20" barrel!! off a bi-pod!! scope was a 6-20 mil-dot.

i was using nosler custom brass, 46.5gr of IMR 4007SSC, and berger 155VLDs .020 off the lands. there was about an 5-10 mph head wind.

also i was not even using the crosshairs. i used the second dot down. incase your wondering why its below the target or why theres one 3 inches above it. i cranked my elevation in the wrong direction.

Attachments

• 500yd group.jpg
    500yd group.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 573
Last edited by a moderator:
No crosshairs? Iron sights I guess.
Butch

Butch, you may need to read slower my friend. as i said its was a mil-dot and that i used the second dot down. if i could do that with iron sights id be in a different profession hahaha

oh yeah, i think shes a keeper. did i mention i bought it used? last guy must of used factory ammo. i love the fact that if you take out the flyer its a .750 3 shot group. could be luck i guess :)

when i was thinkin of buying the gun and asking all you guys about it. i said i was shooting for 3" 5 shot 500yd groups with it heres a reply i got. thought it was funny considering what the gun seems to be capible of

bwest:

"If you can shoot 3" 5 shot groups at 500 yards with that I will eat it."

Last edited by a moderator:
hahaha naw wouldnt want to document myself as a felon.

as a nice side note some douchebag burned up about 100 acres around the range i go to by shooting .50 cal tracers. thank god the actual range corridor is a marsh and didnt burn.... i need that tall grass for my wind flags

maybe, if i can find some 10 MOA bases so i dont have to use the dots. right now with it cranked all the way up, shooting that particular load i have to use the dots. which on my scope cover a 2" circle at that distance. even though i cheat a little and use the top of the dot. it would be nice to use the crosshairs.

i guess i could if im just doing groups, suppose it dont matter where the group lands.

negative, it didnt quite make it on the paper, because i turned my elevation knob the wrong way, but i like that idea

Good group,,,, But

Looks as if he darn near hit someones thumbnail. I believe I would move my hand about 3 " before he got the next 3 rounds ready to fire. You can see Ole Georges hair blown, by those 3 rounds.

Back