check this out.

Derek,

At least the guy spent several hours on the chart. :D It took him probably as long to do it as shoot the groups. :p

LR%20Testing.jpg

Ahhh Soo, the previously untried 2 shot 40 yard method?????

The 2-shot method has been floating around the internet for years and a member of this forum developed it. I won’t tell you who it is, but maybe if he sees it….he will respond.

I found some really great ammo with this method -- I refined it even more by using ONE SHOT groups at 25 yards. -- Remington Yellow Jacket hollow points shot some one shot groups that were just out of this world!!!

Assuming all the weight sorting was done prior to arriving at the range, the thing I'm having a hard time with is that there were enough hours in any one day to get to the range, set up a chronograph, shoot that many test groups, 2-shots or not, to accurately measure each group while recording all the on-site data, then to turn around and be able to create that detailed a statistical data sheet in that short a time. Nothing was said about cleaning the bore between brands, or taking the time to change targets every once in a while, so maybe the range-time was kept to the minimum.

Plus, we have no idea what was used to create all this data. Was it a 10/22, 77/22, one of the off-the-shelf Remingtons, or Anschutz, or was he using a top end, fully blown out custom job? All we do know is that the gun was new to the shooter.

I don't know about you, but I'm one who has always been intrigued enough by anything showing promise to go back and re-test it, usually more than once, and in this case would have done so by shooting 5-shot groups instead of the 2-shot, and would have also shot a lot more than just one more group to verify it was truly what I thought it was.

But, to each their own.

so the old one shot group is better than the 2 shoot method:D!!!! and here i was waisting all my time testing lots to find what my rifle loved:D!!!! and acording to this test all i needed was 2 shots:D!! you recon he wins matches with 10 shots if it takes him 2 shots to find the right ammo lot?

Well, I'll be damned! Someone actually used my method and webpage.

that makes my day.... :)

Brent

Oh, there's more than one of us referencing it and using the method lately, over there on RFC. Only one of the threads has been pointed out here, I think. :)
Well, I'll be damned! Someone actually used my method and webpage.

that makes my day.... :)

Brent

Shorty, I see I have been missing out entirely. Thanks for the pointer.

I just got a big selection of Eley ammo lots to test out and, of course, I will be using my own method to do this. But it really makes me happy to see someone actually doing this. I damn near took down the website after getting so many ignorant cheap shots thrown at me over it.

Cool beans,
Brent

What a shame...........

This thread started out like many threads end up-----condeming someone else....what a shame.
glenn (buckeyeair)

This thread started out like many threads end up-----condeming someone else....what a shame.
glenn (buckeyeair)

Glenn,

I keep thinking there is something wrong with my computer....I type in www.benchrest.com and it keeps taking me to a site that looks just like it but apparently is a site for grumpy old men.:confused:

Charlie

Well, the stats seem to bear out, so I don't see why anyone would be poo-pooing the method. Waddyagonnado. I suspect some haven't even bothered to read the methodology, and just immediately think "2 shots?!?"
Shorty, I see I have been missing out entirely. Thanks for the pointer.

I just got a big selection of Eley ammo lots to test out and, of course, I will be using my own method to do this. But it really makes me happy to see someone actually doing this. I damn near took down the website after getting so many ignorant cheap shots thrown at me over it.

Cool beans,
Brent

The guy explained later that he actually shot 12, two shot, groups.

Richard

Back