Chargemaste lite Speeded up

My Charge master Lite is very accurate throwing most charges within 1/10 grain, but is very slow dropping most charges of 29.1 Vit in 20 to 25 seconds some even slower. So I made a special little insert to fix into the Charge Master drop tube. Now it will drop the charge in 8 to 13 seconds every time with know change in accuracy at all. I plan on preloading 6ppc at home using Norma brass (400 pieces).
Now I cannot keep up with the Charge Master using two pans the exact same weight which is great. I double check each load using a digital scale which measures to
one half a tenth (.005). Wow I really like having the Charge Master waiting on me rather me waiting on it.
P.S. The little powder scoop will only hold 4 to 5 grains of Vit 133 which makes it fast to corret the few over weight charges.

Chet

CML Tube .jpg CML  Tube.jpg powder spoon 2.jpg

Last edited:
My Charge master Lite is very accurate throwing most charges within 1/10 grain, but is very slow dropping most charges of 29.1 Vit in 20 to 25 seconds some even slower. So I made a special little insert to fix into the Charge Master drop tube. Now it will drop the charge in 8 to 13 seconds every time with know change in accuracy at all. I plan on preloading 6ppc at home using Norma brass (400 pieces).
Now I cannot keep up with the Charge Master using two pans the exact same weight which is great. I double check each load using a digital scale which measures to
one half a tenth (.005). Wow I really like having the Charge Master waiting on me rather me waiting on it.
P.S. The little powder scoop will only hold 4 to 5 grains of Vit 133 which makes it fast to corret the few over weight charges.

Chet

View attachment 22150View attachment 22150View attachment 22151

Tell us more about the powder scoop. Looks like it has a hole in the pin? 4 or 5 grains? Just looks like it'd be a lot less. I may be looking at it wrong. Thanks!

Tell us more about the powder scoop. Looks like it has a hole in the pin? 4 or 5 grains? Just looks like it'd be a lot less. I may be looking at it wrong. Thanks!

Just a little spoon scoop will not scoop up more then 2 to 5 kernels of Vit 133 which is just right for the charge master over throw.

Just a little spoon scoop will not scoop up more then 2 to 5 kernels of Vit 133 which is just right for the charge master over throw.

Gotcha...Good idea! I get tired of breathing on my finger and plucking out a few kernels when it over charges.

Speed-Up

Chet

View attachment 22150 View attachment 22154 View attachment 22151
Chet
Not having a lathe (to make up your insert) would a straw from McDonalds help any??
Any other easy fixes you recommend to speed up CML???
CLP

Cecil

Chet
Not having a lathe (to make up your insert) would a straw from McDonalds help any??
Any other easy fixes you recommend to speed up CML???
CLP

Hello Cecil
Just sent me or call with your address and I will sent you one. All you will need to is lightly press the insert into the drop tube and your ready to go.
You will not believe how fast it speeds up the Charge Master dropping the charge.

Chet
Phone
Nine one three-634- eight six one three

Hello Cecil
Just sent me or call with your address and I will sent you one. All you will need to is lightly press the insert into the drop tube and your ready to go.
You will not believe how fast it speeds up the Charge Master dropping the charge.

Chet
Phone
Nine one three-634- eight six one three

C'mon Chet...... give us some specs??? What's the diameter of the center hole? Just a hole or is it a hunka' .22 barrel like some have recently suggested? Rough? Smooth? Threaded? Rifled?

OR....

I'm

Al Matson
20211 NE Yacolt Mt Rd
Yacolt WA 98675

LOL

You wouldn't believe

some of the gadgets that Chet comes up with. He knows his stuff that's for sure. I can't wait to try this one out.

Richard

The problem with the CM, the IDs are not all the same. I made 6 inserts from 224 CF drops for friends based on the ID of mine, a couple would not fit in and another two were loose.

Re-programmed mine and few others to speed up the big part of the charge, then trickles. The issue here, there is no revert button to factory setup, have to enter every parameter again.

https://www.accurateshooter.com/gear-reviews/speed-up-your-rcbs-chargemaster/

Attachments

• Resized_20150108_035440001_6781.jpeg
    Resized_20150108_035440001_6781.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 255
Last edited:
Dimensions?

Anybody have dimensions on what works? I know that the external diameter will vary for each machine, but how about the internal hole size and OAL length? I am guessing smooth inside with a taper up to O.D.

I called the company when I got mine and asked tech if I could program it to speed it up or disconnect the speaker. They said no to both due to safety. Anyone figure out the LITE??? (Not regular CM)

Chet

View attachment 22150 View attachment 22154 View attachment 22151
Chet and Fellow Shooters
After bitching/complaining/arguing/telling Chet its a fluke I got it figured out(for me).
A re-manufactured insert (With deeper groves) has improved the drop time for me from an average of 30 seconds to 15-20 seconds. (LT-32)
Also noted that to get those speeds if I didn't insert it totally letting it stick out about 1/4"also helped to achieve the above speeds.
How it worked for me is that it will stop full speed drop at about 1-2 tenths from desired weight and then trickle to desired weight.
Previously it was stopping about 3-4 tenths from desired weight.
Trickle speed/time has not changed for me but getting closer to desired weight before trickling starts is where this really saves the time.
Just my 2 cents
Disclaimer: This is a paid advertisement as I have not paid anything yet but when we meet I have agreed to buy a beverage of choice for Chet.
PS: I'm avoiding him!!!!!!!
Cecil

Last edited:
Back