Chambering: indicate bore before threading and/or before reamer?

No, but why are you asking? I've seen it move the bore.

Butch this guy's some sort of bot ...... he's just copied some of the OP and stuffed some spammage in the middle (the part you took out)

There are several of them on the board right now

Can you elaborate Butch? Do you mean the clamping pressure moving the bore, or something else?

GsT
Gene, I've seen guys chambering in the headstock put a slight bend in the barrel tightening the jaws on a 4 jaw chuck. This is the reason that a lot of people are holding the chuck side with other methods.

Gene, I've seen guys chambering in the headstock put a slight bend in the barrel tightening the jaws on a 4 jaw chuck. This is the reason that a lot of people are holding the chuck side with other methods.

Gotcha. Thanks for the response.

GsT

I Indicate,turn, thread, check it didnt move, chamber.

Attachments

• 9ABE715B-59D8-414D-B2EB-21D4A623F50D.jpg
    9ABE715B-59D8-414D-B2EB-21D4A623F50D.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:
Hey!! A great idea

for the new year!

You guys remember the show "Miss Congenality" with Sandra Bullock??

When asked what she wanted in the pageant??? World Peace!! How about that for the new year in the forums!!

Happy new year and "World Peace":eek:

Richard

Was this called for???

I would have responded the same way :) Butch, Al and others can be very rude at times. We’ve had our problems. There is a reason it’s the same few guys that post here and others go to other sites.

If I had Jackie’s phone number, I probably wouldn’t frequent the site as much :)

I would have responded the same way :) Butch, Al and others can be very rude at times. We’ve had our problems. There is a reason it’s the same few guys that post here and others go to other sites.

If I had Jackie’s phone number, I probably wouldn’t frequent the site as much :)

I just had to commemorate this in case he reconsiders ;)

MAGA!

ooops

for the new year!

You guys remember the show "Miss Congenality" with Sandra Bullock??

When asked what she wanted in the pageant??? World Peace!! How about that for the new year in the forums!!

Happy new year and "World Peace":eek:

Richard

As my recently departed good friend Bob Dorton used to say "Some people worry about stuff too much"
It was his way of telling people not to take themselves to seriously.
We no longer live in a civil society, I actually got a lecture the other day for holding a door open for a women.
Personally for 2020 I'm just going to "Visualize whirled peas" it takes me back to the 60's :cool:
Happy New Year to all even those without a sense of humor.:rolleyes:
Greg

Amazing a couple of these folks ask a reasonable question! And then they argue over the answer they get back from some of most knowledgeable and friendly gents? Makes one wonder who is actually being an Ass it surely isn't Al or Butch could it be themselves.

Last edited:
Ohhh c'mon now Louis..... Butch Lambert is a total prick! He makes a real pest of himself calling me at the shop to help me wire a mill, calling to offer clear explanations re VFD's and DRO's for my old South Bend H10 .... AND the Bridgeport, calling AGAIN to offer his services in ordering some barrels, calling and texting and PM'ing to follow up about his tuners, his coaxial rest tops......

Yeahh, he's like a coon in the garbage can ol Butch..... just herkin' and jerkin' on the old chain and disrupting my life no end.....

jeeepers, i ain't NEVER called to bug him with MY expertise.....

LOL

Amazing a couple of these folks ask a reasonable question! And then they argue over the answer they get back from some of most knowledgeable and friendly gents? Makes one wonder who is actually being an Ass it surely isn't Al or Butch could it be themselves.

You can defend your buddies, but they were very rude to me numerous times for disagreeing. Not that you care, but you should be informed on their transgressions before you blast others.

Back